What is the one symptom or complication that is most troubling?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

Posted on

My husband uses a Cpap and does very well with it. One complication before he was diagnosed with sleep apnea, was he fell asleep behind the wheel and hit a tree. He lived, thank goodness. He was within a couple miles from home. He sustained injuries that still affect him today. This happened a few years ago. He asked to be tested for sleep apnea. He is mid 70's. That is how serious this sleep apnea can be. 

Posted on

I have a problem with dry mouth. It's so bad that I wake up 4 or 5 times a night.

Posted on

@Ginny65 are you using humidifier with your cpap

Posted on

I had been but it didn't make a difference. I am on bipap and have the moisture as high as it will go.@rainbowgerl 

Posted on

@Ginny65 oh the pressure might be too high.  I am on a bipap also.  

I would talk to your doctor. 

It also might be a medication if you take meds

Diane

Posted on

Is there a way to set my Cpap to automatically come on when i put my mask on? Years ago when I first was diagnosed, I had the older type cpap and it would come on when it sensed my breathing into the mask. This newer one doesn't do that. I have to turn it on myself, to work. 

Posted on

Anyone else experiencing burping during the time of using your cpap? I wonder how this can be avoided, if at all? 

Posted on

@SleepingBeauty Anyone else experiencing burping 

Posted on

@hulseymx  I also had  problems with my mask being so tight that it left marks on my face that didn't go away till lunch.  I found on amazon that I could buy pads that covered the straps. These pads made the mask more comfortable and eliminated the marks on my cheeks.

Posted on

Dry mouth, I get up several times a night just to get a drink of water

Most commented discussions