Having trouble with my Inspire implant

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Just got this implant a week ago. Can't seem to raise the amplitude above 3 without discomfort. Wonder what others with this implant have experienced. What amplitude (on the scale of 1 to 10) works for folks?

Beginning of the discussion - 10/28/20

Posted on

I am Interested in having the implant.  Have you solved your problem Snoreman?  Are there any other folks out there using the implant?  I want to learn from others.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.. Linda\

Posted on

I just got it activated so I'm hoping. It's got an amplitude of 1 to 10. I started at 1 and I'm supposed to go up 1 grade every few days. I'm at 3. Going to 4 is uncomfortable. Hopefully, I'll get used to it. I don't know if that's a normal progression. I was hoping to hear from others who have experienced this.

Posted on

Thanks Snoreman.   

I was hoping others who have this would tune in also.  I wonder why it bothers you at 3?  If you find out let me know.

Thanks.

Posted on

Still trying to get used to it. I see there's something new called Airlift that's simpler and works full-time. Just a half hour surgery and no need to turn on and off.

Posted on

Hi Snoreman,

Thanks for  the tip, I will go read about Airlift when this note is complete.

With the Isnpire is there anyway of telling how many apnea's you have each night?  

Thanks for your support and suggestions...

Linda

Posted on

The inspire doesn't register numbers of apnea events. After I have it for a few months they'll have me to do another overnight sleep study to measure that.

Posted on
Thanks I hope you feel it is helping you. Linda

Most commented discussions