https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

A common device used to help manage sleep apnea is the CPAP machine, which stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. With many different machines on the market... there is a variety in choices.

Which CPAP machine do you use? What are the pros and cons of your CPAP machine?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/24/19

Which CPAP machine do you use? Pros / Cons?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I use the dreamstation by Philips. I greatly enjoy it compared to my old one, which I had for years and got rid of last year. I enjoy the Dreamstation CPAP because it is easy to use and offers more features:  SmartRamp which automatically works to adjust pressure (makes me sleep easier), LCD screen that shows trends of progress, and BlueTooth Capability, which I have not really used yet.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hey @Hidden username‍ how do you like the dreamstation? What was the old one you used to have?

I was looking into that one the other day. I am using the now discontinued model from Philips, the RemStar Plus. What I enjoy about this one is that it is very small and compact, so when I do travel it is not very difficult to pack it. The Dreamstation is larger, but it seems to have more modern look, user friendly, and modern technology.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Mine is called a SystemOne.  I hate using a CPAP but I can't lie down and breath without it.  It's got me very dependent on it.  Sometimes just sitting I feel like I need it on.  I think my pressure is on 15 which I always thought was high but I've of other people with a higher pressure.  I'm on nasal pillows right now but have used the small mask over the nose.  I'm not crazy about either one but...

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ yes. I hate the "CPAP"... Mine is atleast small, but the intrusiveness is the same with all machines. I am a mouth breather so the face mask always worked most for me, but the doing anything in bed with it is a pain, like reading, working on the laptop, watching IPAD, etc.