Which CPAP machine do you use? Pros / Cons?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

Posted on

Dream station auto.  I've used a Dreamstation before but didn't like it because even after a couple of pressure adjustments by my doctor, it just wasn't working out for me.  I gave up on it but about a year later, I changed both  my doctor and DME providers and was in introduced to the auto version.  My pressure changes a lot so the auto keeps up with it very nicely.  The downside to using a CPAP is usually the mask.  I have to use a full face mask because I am a mouth breather and chin straps are too confining and usually work off during the night sometimes pushing my mask over and causing major leaks.  Plus, the sides of my nose near my eyes are sometimes rubbed raw and I have to use a foam rubber mask which is expensive and wears out quickly.  So, at my next visit to the DME, I'm going to see what else I can try perhaps like a hybrid nasal/full face mask that will not rub the sides of my nose off.

Posted on

I went from Bi pap to c pap machine  I really like the resmed 10 with climate control tubing and water tank it just my beard  cause air leaks in mask I have tried two different full face mask. If I don't  toss turn all night it work F 20 series with large grey foam coushion around edge work best. For me.

Posted on

I have been using the resmed 10 with controls for water tank. I have been added oxygen machine to,  that drives me nuts the noise it makes. I can't sleep without my machine.

Posted on

I am newly diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been using the resmid 10 with climate control and water reservoir since March of this year. 

I use a full face mask as I have a tiny nose. The nasal masks would not work properly for me. I have found that I like the phillip/kalan mask because it fits my face better. I can move and my mask stays put.

Posted on

Six years ago, I started with a ResMed S9.  A year later I was put on a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto because I needed a BiPap machine.  I started with a ResMed Quatro Full Face Mask.  About 1 1/2 years ago I had to start using a ResMed F30 Mask, due to having eye surgery.  I had been very happen with my F30 mask,  but since I now have dentures, I am having trouble getting a good seal without pulling the straps very tight.  I just tried a nozzle mask with very little success.  End up breathing through my mouth, even with Tape and Chin strap in use.  Now I have been told to try molding a football mouth guard so my tongue will have something to push against.  I have not tried that yet, but will keep this up to date.

As far as the machine goes, my present machine is 5 years old next week.  I haven't had much trouble with it really.  Just a little noisy when I don't put the Humidifier all the way in.  I use a heated hose during to winter,  and turn off the heat during the summer.   

Posted on

I have a resmed 10 auto it says it's helping me, but I don't think I have my settings right, it's I'm still waking up tired 

I don't think even on the highest pressure it's opening up my airways 

Posted on

@sleepy Do you need strips across the mouth or a chin strap to keep your mouth from opening? That's the problem I have with the nasal pillows.

Posted on

@sleepy I too use the Phillips Dreamstation and I love it.  I use the nasal pillows instead of the face mask.  

Posted on

@Rcintolo  Have you tried the DeamWear Mask - it fits under your nose and does not press on it.

Posted on

I use the Phillips Dream Station  and have been using it for the past 6 years. I don't think I'll ever get use to using it. Although, I'm finding it a little more tolerable for the past couple months. My main problem with it, is that it dries out my mouth and my eyes which I have to put  special eye drops and gel in my eyes at night. I would like to increase the humidity level, but it has to be done by my provider. 

Most commented discussions