Inspire Sleep Apnea device - my experience

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I have had sleep apnea since about 2009 for two years I have not had to use CPAP machine. Two years ago I had Inspire device implanted which is similar in size to a pacemaker but there are shoe sensors on it that stimulate my tongue to move forward if I should stop breathing during the night. This is the best thing I have ever done it uses a remote control that I turn the machine on West at night and then I turned it off in the morning serious I am very pleased with this machine. Before I had it implanted I was an 18 on the sleep apnea scale and I am now a three.

Beginning of the discussion - 3/16/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@Healym19590401 Hello Healym19590401, thank you for creating this discussion and sharing your experience. That's fantastic that the device is working so well for you, I'd not heard of it before! How did you find out about it? Was the implant procedure painful?

I'm going to tag a few other members who may be interested in your experience or may also use the device:

@Foodlover@Megapuff11@Lisa98@breezematten55@susan0814@Pandaplayhouse@flfxr92@Maddy2gr@DannyXL@Azucena@jennii101@seth123@Jamieson@Dotcom0100@Chey666@onepenny@fritzfreud@kawags1yahoo.com@Denese@LifeIsUseful@LivingMs@katie1980@justlove123@Cathenna@princess_alexis74‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

I had mine done buy a Dr soose at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh. That procedure was pain free as I was put into a Twilight sleep for it and don't remember a thing. There were three small incisions which I was about to take off the bandages the next day at home can't wait. There was no pain I needed no pain medication just Tylenol. If you don't want to the computer internet and type in Inspire device a website should come up that runs you through the entire procedure and gives you information on who to contact. Hope this helps

Posted on

@Healym19590401 Wow this is very interesting, thank you for the information! I may look into this when this coronavirus mess is over!

Most commented discussions