COPD and the Coronavirus - recommendations, concerns, advice

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

Posted on

I know I should walk more and exerciseMore, and I plan on doing that!

• Community manager
Posted on

@Mcardona1954‍ Hello Mcardona1954, That sounds like a fun way to get out and get some exercise!

Hello members, I hope you don't mind that I've tagged you! How are you doing? Keeping your chins up despite these difficult circumstances? Do any of you have any fun tips to stay active or to pass the time?

@Cokebarb62@Dmonske@ctardif@reneepinto11@Sandragrimm@Crickett@sukie1821@Ermaltackett@mames350‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

Hi! I have COPD as well as being a lung cancer patient.  I have just finished my last immunotherapy treatment.  I have been following all the protocols for this virus.  I also monitor my oxygen level and heart rate daily.  So far I am doing okay. I worry as my husband is a truck driver and I know he doesn't take this seriously and does not take the necessary precautions. 

Posted on

I Drive a City Bus and I don't understand why the paid leave stay at home order doesn't apply for me because of my COPD. I know this is an essential business for people but I am at more risk of dying if I catch this Virus. 

Posted on

Hello am CrickettAnd I have COPD asthma weak heart arthritis fibromyalgia high blood pressure and my glands over my kidneys are bad and my kidneys are weak and I worry every day about everything that’s going on in the world but I keep my chin up I hope my neighbors if I can I walk around my parking lot for exercise or use oxygen at night I take over right so 19 medicines a day or two inhaylers And I just want to let everybody know I wear my mask when I go out in public when there’s a lot of people I wash my hands a lot and change my clothes a lot so please just bear with the state and the government God’s got this that’s what you Gotta keep thinking thank you

Posted on

Honestly, I’m kind of worried about this coronavirus. I have COPD and MS, along with several other things, but the part that has me concerned is I have to go to the hospital once a month to get an infusion of medicine to treat the MS. The medicine is a biologic, which is an immunosuppressant. I do what I can to follow the guidelines and keep myself safe, but there’s still times that I will have to be in public and around other people. 

Posted on

Hi I’m Penny from Iowa this virus scares me because at high risk stage 3 copd. And we have 3confirmed cases. So I have chose to stay home. But just started in February so hoping I can get that care unemployment.  Plus was with out inhalers for 2 days cause lung dr wouldn’t give me samples or refill cause missed my 6 month a appointment cause no insurance and working in texas

Posted on

@Pennypoo‍ 

What inhalers do you use ?  

Posted on
Symbicort incruse and rescue inhaler

Posted on

I have severe copd and I am scared of catching this virus but cant get any straight answers on what I should be doing on staying home. I dont think I should have to use all my fmla time due to this unforeseen circumstance. If anyone has any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most commented discussions