https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Quitting to smoke is one of the first things recommended for those diagnosed with COPD; however, as many have stated, quitting is easier said than done.

Please share your story:

What year were you diagnosed with COPD?

Have you quit smoking?

What year did you quit smoking?

What recommendations do you have for those that are trying to quit smoking or have considered quitting?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/29/18

Smoking Cessation: How and What advice
Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello members, does anyone have any input on this or advice that they would like to share regarding your story?

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello, one thing that helped me, even though it has recently been under fire storm, is switching to vaping... I started vaping years ago and it has helped me completely stop the intake of any tobacco. I still vape, just not tobacco... I even vape now CBD oil! It is a great tool, I think. Has anyone else used vaping?

Member Carenity
Posted on

My advice is to quit as fast as you possibly can, no matter how hard, especially if you have not developed a lung disease. You may still have a chance to stop it!

If you need to vape, then vape but make sure you reduce to zero (quickly) the nicotine as some studies say the nicotine/chemicals in vapes can be bad for COPD, but not as bad as tobacco where the link is clear.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I was diagnosed in 2016. I recommend people who still have not been able to stop, to use vaping to slowly stop and then eventually stop vaping completely. It sometimes is just the need to have something to do because of anxiety, etc... you could look into vaping CBD - I have never tried that but if the CBD is clean maybe it does not affect your lungs like cigarretes and nicotine vapes - and CBD helps with anxiety. just a thought.