https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello,

Does anyone else have difficulty sleeping due to COPD? I have great difficulty and sometimes, even if I get 6 - 8 hours of sleep (which is rare), I feel like I am not rested - I wake up several times during the night.

Another thing I have difficulty with is falling asleep.

I would appreciate any input or advice.

Thank you in advance.

Beginning of the discussion - 8/2/18

Do you have trouble sleeping due to COPD?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I have a great difficulty staying asleep, once I fall asleep. I have tried melatonin, but I still wake up several times during the night. I attribute this to my COPD. I would love to hear if anyone else has this issue also and any advice

In regard to your question about getting to be able to fall asleep - I used to have this problem also. My mind used to race and race; however, believe it or not, what has worked for me is "Sleep Talk - Meditation" on youtube. I have used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zljg2ptExHc to be able to fall asleep. Not only that channel, but any "Sleep Talk - Meditation" type sound. 

I hope that helps you and hope someone else has some advice on how we can stay and remain asleep..

Member Carenity
Posted on

MY biggest issue is staying asleep... what I usually do when I wake up in the middle of the night is read with soft reading light... I usually immediately fall back to sleep. Don't read on your phone because the brightness is to light... I mean read literally a book with a soft reading lamp so the light does not keep you awake.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Do either of you or anyone wake up though multiple times during the night? I find if it is not related to a cough or needing to go to the bathroom, I still wake up for some reason. Any help?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I do not sleep straight through the night... that is for certain. I snore and/or cough - depends... kind of both at the same time. The worst is when I wake up, but I cannot fall back asleep and I need to start my day at like 4 am.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I find that I have trouble ataying asleep not online due to my cough, but I also have to frequently urinate. Does anyone else have an issue with waking up to go to the restroom often?