COPD and the Coronavirus - recommendations, concerns, advice

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

Posted on

I have chronic COPD, 66 yrs old, quit smoking Jan. 10 and also have hypertension and generalized anxiety disorder. I have a meth smoker living below me in this apartment building and have reached out to management, police, the DEA and the Minnesota Health Department, all of whom have not been able to help me. You need proof, says management, conducted a professional meth test above where he smokes it most and turned out a 4 on scale of 0 to 10, 0 being the most meth and 8 and below i no presence of meth. So it was substantive evidence of meth. Member of Drug Task Force came out and could not detect any meth in his apartment and said he could not even get a search warrant for local pseudo ephedrine purchases without more evidence. What's my next step? Am scheduled to a move to a different apartment in this building May 15, but I truly fear the meth is compromising my immune system and lung.s Watery yes, runny nose, smoke-filled lungs, stomach ache!!!! What to do I do next? Try contacting the health department again?

• Community manager
Posted on

@MJones99 Hello MJones99, thank you for your comment. I think many members are also worried about this. We just published an article on COPD and the coronavirus, I think you may find it helpful:

Everything you need to know about COPD and the Coronavirus

I hope it answers some of your questions!

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

I am really upset I tried to get unemployment but got denied and cant get thru to find out why. The only reason I am not working is because of my copd and this damn virus. Why cant people get help. Sorry to lay this all out but just very frustrating.

Posted on

@Courtney_J keep calling the police. That's what they are there for. 

Posted on

@Lillyw sorry wrong person.

Posted on

@Lillyw I'm learning to do this posting thing. I have copd and scared of the virus. I live with someone who just doesn't care. I isolate to my bedroom most of the day and night. Going crazy.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone, it's been a few days since we've checked in on one another. How are you doing? Is the lockdown getting to you or are you managing to stay busy and positive? 

@hmccu2224@deborah72164@Gingerghent@ConnieH@zoobiedo@Health2020‍‍ @dlmcmahill@shayes18‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

@Courtney_J I'm doing ok. I'm retired now so I haven't been at work like many people here. Staying positive and avoiding everyone and everything as much as possible! I wouldn't want any of us to catch it with our condition. I've heard it has lasting impact on the lungs, so with mine in such a rough shape already I don't know what it would do to me. But anyway, I've been staying safe at home and will still be doing that when the lockdown is lifted in my state until I feel like things are getting better. I've been working through my pile of sudokus and NYT crossword puzzles to pass the time. Stay safe everyone!

Posted on

@Courtney_J I'm doing alright. I haven't been on here in a while and all that's going on has kind of brought me back. I'm supposed to go back to work next week but I'm trying to negociate with my team head to let me telework because of my condition. What is everyone doing about the end of the lockdown in your state? Are you going back to work or are you still working from home? 

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone?

How are you today? emoticon cute

How are you managing your COPD now? Is it more complicated this time of year? Have you returned to a "normal life" after these few months of lockdown?

Feel free to share! We are all here to help each other!

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions