I can't get used to my CPAP mask

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

Posted on

@Joebryanjr Hi when i first got tested i had a AIH 64 now  it <08. the machine is worth it; some night i feel like taking the mask and flinging it 😊 but i have to live with it and accepted it; some times my chest feels funny , not like heart attack; my doctor says that from the air pressure adjusting to my breathing so it readjusts my muscles. not annoying .

Posted on

I woke up again this morning with no c-papa mask on. I am doing this without knowing it and its scary.

Posted on

New to this CPAP thing. I have tried 2 full mask and am still having trouble wearing it all πŸŒ™. 

Posted on

@FayeGibson22 I've tried several masks and finally gave up on them all. I just got a prescription for a Bongo Rx, a nasal device that doesn't have tubes or a machine. You can check it out at: https://airavant.com/how-does-bongo-rx-work.

Posted on

Thanks Helsal I sure will try that web site πŸ˜€

Posted on

Please don't give up!! 

The thing I remember most is my surprise to learn the time it takes to get used to wearing the mask. Nobody told me this was an issue until I suffered for weeks on end having a mask on my face while trying to sleep. 

Please stick with it, you will find the restful sleep you have been missing I promise. I slept 8 hours last night before getting used to my cpap this had not happened for decades 

Good luck and sweet dreams. 

Posted on

I am new to all this!!  I have not been successful wearing a full mask. There tends to be a air leak.  I have ordered a new mask just for the nose!  I too do notice the mask.  I have struggled with the lawyer covid mask mandate.

Most commented discussions