Need someone to talk to/Listen to others

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

Posted on

@Mzharris09 A friend of mine used to have that problem. He was so bored when he was off - he thought about too much and let it overwhelm him to the point of considering suicide. Eventually he realized God had a plan for him and found some peace - even with all the health problems he was facing. I suggested he even find someplace to volunteer just so he would keep busy.

Posted on

It really helps to keep busy ... & it’s like I pray and pray and I start feeling okay but after so long the pain just comes back... But I know God will work everything out for the best of me... Just have to continue to have Faith and keep my mind stayed on him at all times ...

Posted on

@dlannan3821 my life is too hard for words to express....

Does that even make sense...?

Posted on

@Avasad Yes and no. I know, for example, some of what has led to my depression. The problem is not knowing how to fix it. Sometimes something traumatic happens and we block it out, we don't want to talk about it or think about it. But this is the opposite of what we need to do. The longer we hide it or hold it in, the worse it will be the day it finally explodes out of us in a rage of emotions. Does that make sense? Is there one specific event in your life keeping you from expressing what you are feeling? Maybe you are ashamed or feel guilty or are angry about it. Or is it a lot of little things? Maybe go to a quiet place with a pen and paper or even your computer and phone and record everything you think about - somewhere in the middle of all that, you may find the answer to what is ultimately behind your depression. 

Posted on

@Mzharris09 Do you have friends who are believers who can help encourage you? Sometimes it is better to not go it alone... that's what the enemy wants, to keep us discouraged. He will plant seeds of doubt, confusion, bitterness, all sorts of things to distract us from getting closer to God. When you are dealing with depression, often we even question whether God exists. It's not easy. But you are not alone, either. 

Posted on

I am very close friends with people in ministry.. I didn’t want to tell anyone abouy the issue I’ve been battling with but I guess now is really the time to do so. Some people do not really understand and start thinking other reasons on why I’m depressed & I guess that’s the only reason I chose to just deal with it alone.

Posted on

@Mzharris09 It doesn't necessarily have to be the ones you are close to in ministry. I know that is difficult because you are afraid of being judged or treated differently. 

Posted on

I Feel Like I Have Nobody to Vent to . I Have 1 Friend and My Family and Me aren't Close . My Boyfriend At Times I Feel Is Tired of Listening , Besides I Can't Vent to Him About Him . 

Posted on

@dlannan3821 Yes you are right... There are some very judgmental people that do not understand what we deal with on a day to day bases so it’s like if it seem as though no one understands than you don’t want to deal with anyone at all 

Posted on

I don’t know a single soul other than my counselor who understands 

I’m disappointed in humanity at the moment (with one exception, which is a great thing) and the way people treat one another. My family is particularly brutal including my own son 

Most commented discussions