Lonely - How does it feel to be truly happy?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

41 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

So how does it feel to be truly happy? Like, 'Happy from within' as they would say? Cause ever since I was a child I've considered myself to be a happy and positive person, despite the terrible things that happen. And I tell myself "Im just a strong, happy person." but day by day I'm realizing that I never really processed  any of the traumatic things that happened to me, never really acknowledged being hurt, used, and so on. .

One of the biggest contributors to my depression now is needing people.. I tend to always isolate myself when I need help but now I just really need that. I feel so dead inside, I feel scared and lonely, it feels strange being in my body, in my mind, I don't recognize myself and feel somewhat detached. 

I feel like a stranger to myself tbh.. 

Beginning of the discussion - 9/2/20

Posted on

Poor broke and lonely .I feel the same way .l get the feeling that nobody is willing to help.I gone to different organization  and I feel like they won't help me because I'm not a addict.I think that help is not something I deserve. I think that.my life is over.

Posted on

@qdsmith67399 Yeah, I really get that. I'm so sorry to hear that, but I share your pain. Gosh life is so dark when you're depressed. can't do anything  

Posted on

I share the same pain, it is a dark and lonely life, no energy or desire to do a thing

Posted on

Hi I’m new to site my name is Fred. I am looking for help for chronic depression some kind of outlet someone to talk to a lot of the words that you guys used go through my mind all day it’s an endless struggle an endless loop of this empty feeling

Posted on

Are used to love riding my ATV. Snowmobiling. Just doing any outdoor activity made me happy now I don’t want to do anything all I do is work if I had a brand new ATV in my garage I would not even want to ride it I don’t understand what has happened to me it’s like somebody hit a switch.

Posted on

It is so hard to live life when you are running from the thoughts in your own mind. if anybody would ever like to talk with me I am a good listener I know  what it is like to stumble around in the dark.

Posted on

@DD2416 Exactly worded what I'm feeling at the moment. It's scary, not being able to look forward to anything or have anything to get excited or happy over

Posted on

@Fred l9 Ouch, this hits hard. Looking at something you once loved doing and having no feeling now. 

I share your pain, I'm here if you need to talk.. We're here for each other 

Posted on

i actually forgot what it feels like to be happy anymore I feel numb to everything 

Most commented discussions