What is it like living with sleep apnea?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

Posted on

@Niecy69 Let me know if it works for you!  Fingers crossed. . . . 

Posted on

Bettyb...My first post. I have started taping my mouth and now they have come out with plastic strips over the mouth only. I will let you know how they work after I used them and I need to find my intro page

Bettyb

Posted on

Living with sleep apnea may be a challenge however, being diagnosed had changed my life. I wake up most mornings with a clear head. The snoring that once woke me up I no longer have.  No matter when I go to sleep whether it be a nap or for the night I always use my cpap machine. 

Posted on

@denise3857 So happy for you, Denise!  Nice to hear such a positive review for a CPAP!  

Posted on

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea for 4 yrs . Sleep great. Before that I snored horribly, woke up 8-10 times a night using the bathroom . I would fall asleep standing up in meetings my co workers use to shove me and say wake up. Fell asleep at the wheel while driving . Love the machine and use it. Only thing I make it too tight where nose hurts . I have to use a chinstrap to keep mouth closed . The nose pillars are great for me the mouth one I felt I could not toss and turn 

Posted on

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago - I snored horribly and did not feel rested. My Sleep Dr said my tests showed I stopped breathing for as long as 30 seconds. So his message - "You can die from this". Not wanting to go at 69 I got a dream station. After trial and error I settled on the DreamWear mask. It works great. I also purchased a So Clean 2 to keep my equipment clean. Since all my supplies are covered by medicare - I don't really have to buy any replacement supplies. I also purchased a ResMed Airstart10 for when we travel.

The So Clean2 is a lot easier than having to wash your equipment all the time. The DreamWear mask works great because it fits under your nose and does not press on it.

Posted on

@Cheychey   My Wife had severe sinus problems - then had the surgery - She was much better after. The downside - make sure you have good medical insurance - although she had medicare + a supplemental - She did not pay a dime -  The bill was $30,000 +  

Posted on

@Louisa      Try a DreamWear mask  as it fits under your nose rather then pressing on it.

Posted on

@Davidfprice   - Just  use the stop button while you go to the bathroom - otherwise if you let your machine run by itself- The machine will indicate that you have a leak - and your Dr may adjust your pressure upwards. 

Posted on

@DEACONJONES     I'm sure you all remember Carrie Fisher ( Star Wars) - she died from sleep apnea + other problems. But Sleep apnea was part of her death.   You could have a stroke or heart attack -  The CPAP machine may take a week or two to get used to - but once you have it you won't sleep without it.

Most commented discussions