Sleep apnea: Is it hereditary?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

2 replies

29 views

Topic of the discussion



Posted on

Does anyone else in your family have sleep apnea? I feel like my whole family is a family of snorers...

Beginning of the discussion - 10/25/21

Sleep apnea: Is it hereditary?

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @JohnSS‍, thank you for opening this discussion. That's interesting, research has suggested that sleep apnea is about 40% attributable to genetics!, while the remaining 60% is attributed to environmental or lifestyle causes.

What does everyone else think? Are there other people in your family that have sleep apnea? Do you think your sleep apnea is caused more by genetics or by environmental or lifestyle factors?
@anthony25home@Susan55@teatea@jqlyons@Amostayar@Suebut@ggudanowski@NoFilter62@Momov3burros@Full1234@Divegal56@nu2rasln@Nisey69@Lorikat81@Tilly77@CharlotteB@Itwerks@ncbonner‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Sleep apnea: Is it hereditary?


Posted on

Yes. I believe so. I know Mom used one . I have sleep apnea. So I use a CPAP. My brother went for a sleep study, haven't heard how that went. It has to be genetic is my guess

Most commented discussions