https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Having sleep apnea can have effects on people's lives to different extents... in some cases, and for those whose sleep apnea is left unchecked, it can affect ones energy level, daily life, mornings, etc.

How about you?

How does sleep apnea affect your daily life? Is your morning affected by sleep apnea? How about your energy - is your energy level affected by sleep apnea?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/24/19

How does sleep apnea affect your morning and energy?

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi. Thank you for asking. Yes ...sleep apnea disrupts my sleep and when I do not where my CPAP machine, it caused me to abruptly wake up in my sleep constantly because I lose my breath... I already have other issues that cause me to sleep not well. If I do not sleep with my CPAP machine I feel much more fatigued because I sleep horribly.

However, I have been getting better with using my CPAP machine, which has helped with y energy because I am able to get a better nights sleep.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username Thank you for sharing. I am glad that the CPAP machine works to help you feel rested and have more energy.

Also, we have a new discussion on CPAP machines, feel free to comment and share the type of CPAP machine you use and the benefits.

Member Carenity
Posted on

If I fall asleep with out my sleep apnea machine, I definitely do not get a great night sleep and wake up randomly due to difficult in breathing... I have been working on using my machine more consistently though. The machine is just a pain to always have to put on.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have recently begun to snore again even with my CPAP machine, which is causing me to wake up because of breathing issues... I have not been getting good night sleeps, which I never really did, but even worse now. I do not know if this is impacting my productivity yet at work, but I am sure it will begin to catch up to me if it already has not. 

Has anyone else experienced this where you snore/wake up with the CPAP machine on?

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello there CAkid78.  Believe it or not, I was also born in CA in 1962.  Yea California.

I have been using my CPAP machine for 2 years as of this coming February.  As far as I know, I never have or do snore.  But I have had problems sleeping for many years.  Which is what prompted my primary care doctor to have me do a sleep study.  Since starting the use of the CPAP, I am not sleeping any better.  In fact, I'd say that I am getting even less sleep  now.  It is often 1 or 2 in the morning before I am able to get to sleep---if at all---because the mask is so tight on my face that I often can't get to sleep.  If I loosen the mask then air leaks out and I can't get to sleep because of the leaking that the air escaping the mask makes.  When I do manage to get to sleep, when I wake up in the early morning to go to the bathroom, I often cannot get back to sleep.  Unless I just leave the mask off.  So, even though the doctors says that I should be getting quality & restorative sleep with the CPAP, I am NOT.  On average, I sleep between 4 & 5 hours a night.  And I am tired, sleepy & cranky (because of lack of sleep) everyday.  My doctor says that if I don't use the CPAP every night I could have a stroke or heart attack because of not breathing well without the CPAP.  But what kind of effect does not getting enough sleep have on the mental & physical body as well?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have to agree