Dry mouth, dizziness, and mouth sores from nasal mask: Has anyone else been through this?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/sleep-apnea.jpg

Patients Sleep apnea

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Been using CPAP for years with problems off and on. Now I have severe dry mouth.  Adjusted the psi but it still happens.  When I get up,  my nose runs for a couple of hours,  with sneezing. Lately,  I've had mouth ulcers right where the inside of my lip meets the gums. 

Beginning of the discussion - 1/19/21

Dry mouth, dizziness, and mouth sores from nasal mask: Has anyone else been through this?

• Community manager
Posted on

@Needtawrite Hello Needtawrite, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm sorry to hear you've been having all of those issues with your CPAP. Let me tag some other members who can possibly weigh in.

Hi everyone, have any of you experienced any of the same issues Needtawrite describes? Were you able to figure out what caused it? Was it a poor mask fit, a device setting, something else? Can you share any tips or advice?
@luckymommy@Timmyj@flutterbye21@GladysK@Drdmld@Linda211@Simba1@Msmallw@tlb1959@cobaltbluegirl@ttnnkkrr@lars0217@sammys@kbbales@TJLear@Justina@larm7970@jlomara1@mas5129‍ 

Feel free to share any advice here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I mentioned that I sometimes woke up with a dry mouth, during the night, to the place I get my supplies from.  They gave me a chin strap and said I MUST be "breathing out of my mouth" !!!  I tried it ~~NOPE .... STILL HAPPENED !!!  I called them and informed them it didn't help , and they said they didn't know what would cause it !!!  I KNOW I DO NOT breath out of my mouth, my machine would let me know !!!  I just keep a glass of water by the bed, to "wet my mouth", when it does happen.  I will mention it to my DR., when I have my yearly appt., since I no longer have a Pulmonologist.  

Most commented discussions