/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and NASH

10 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

Does anyone have any good recommendations? Books? Anything? 

Beginning of the discussion - 1/27/19

Diet tips/programs for treating NASH

Member Carenity
Posted on

I started searching Pinterest recipes

Member Carenity
Posted on

The Mediterranean Eating Plan is perfect for us. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Try to focus on eating low-GI foods and limiting overall fat intake, but most importantly cut out all trans fats and as much as possible, saturated fats.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Thank you Gloria. Do you have a link to the website where I can find more information about this or any place I can buy a book related to it?

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username here is what I found and it gives you a brief breakdown but a Google search of the Mediterranean Diet offers many more informational links too! I am implementing this diet. As of now, can't say I have had any huge results, but just started.

Hope this helps.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mediterranean-diet-meal-plan

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username how long was it after you changed your eating habits to the Mediterranean Diet that you noticed results or any difference in health, condition, etc? If any?

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello members,

Did you see the article we published in the Health Magazine on managing NASH symptoms? Diet and exercise are mentioned there, you might find it interesting. You can read the article here.

And leave us a comment to let us know what you think!

Take care,

Lee

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username Diet and exercise are absolutely necessary. It's the only way you can even start to get better. I'm trying to gradual go vegan and sugar free. Already seeing results.

Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ @Hidden username‍ 

Has anyone tried the keto diet or know anything about it? I've heard it's really good for losing weight but would a high fat diet be bad for us?