/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and NASH

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

While Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease may be caused by other risk factors than the consumption alcohol (in fact, people who never have drinken alcohol can get it), excess alcohol consumption can lead to the diagnosis.

Did you drink alcohol prior to your diagnosis? Other than the consumption of alcohol, did you have other risk factors?

Beginning of the discussion - 5/9/19

Did you consume alcohol prior to diagnosis? Did it cause NAFLD?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I did consume alcohol before receiving my diagnosis, but had stopped about 5 years before I actually received the diagnosis. I stopped for health reasons and because I becoming pre-diabetic. After that, I had maybe 1 glass of wine a week or every 2 weeks... there were months were I would drink nothing - it just kind of dependend on life and work.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Very rarely would I drink. Maybe twice a year I would actually drink enough to make me tipsy. Since my diagnosis has progressed I haven’t drank anything in about 6 months. I don’t want to cause anymore damage.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I have not drank since my diagnosis. I did drink some prior to my diagnosis, but I do not think enough for it to contribute to my condition, nor does my doctor. I drank maybe 5 times a year. Some years maybe a bit more, but I never got really drunk and only drank a bit when I did drink.

Member Carenity
Posted on

Stopped drinking completely...feel good.Im going on a veggie diet to bring my colesterol down.I don't get the pain under my ribcage anymore.I take milk thistle.And fat Buster's..Love to all

Member Carenity
Posted on

@lutoao   I never drank.  I got my diagnosis due to diabetes, type II.  I was really shocked to get the diagnosis.  Could this be inherited from a parent who drank?  I am curious.  If anyone knows please let me k now.

Member Carenity
Posted on

I drank maybe two  summer holidays a year and no more than 2 drinks ever. Had an alcoholic father. Have had high blood pressure since had my first child at 22 so dx came with regular routine blood work.