What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with NAFLD or NASH?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and NASH

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hello everyone, 

How have you been? I thought I would open this discussion to spark some new conversation! emoticon cute

So, what is the biggest challenge you face while living with NAFLD or NASH? Is it pain, fatigue, weakness, or something else? Or is it the lack of awareness of doctors and the general public? Have you had to change aspects of your daily life or routine because of your NAFLD or NASH? How do you cope with these challenges?
@Stammer@Mark71@Shadylee@MJ2015@Kabyle@lnewbury@Togetbetter@chrisndeb08@Mprivera@Donnarose@Taylor10@PaulaG@Ram1948@Jen-ny@Jbarry35@Candygal2020@sbrown45@Foodlover@susan0814@jnmason999‍ 

Feel free to share your stories and experiences here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 9/8/20

Posted on

@Courtney_J I think you hit it on the head for me with the lack of knowledge. I've felt very unsure and in the dark about it since I was diagnosed. I feel like they don't really know how to treat it so you just treat the symptoms or related conditions. I had NEVER heard of it in my LIFE before I was diagnosed and my doctor didn't really have any advice for me on how to move forward. 

Posted on

@MJ2015 Yes I totally agree. I think "frustration" and "confusion" are two good words that sum up my overall experience with this disease.