What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

Posted on

You know I get bruises also, but I have found that happens when I push the needle in to far. One thing I found was that when you inject close to the belly button area, it is less sensitive. 

Posted on

I am trying to gain weight while keeping my sugar under control.  I am still trying to estimate how much insulin to take based on what I am going to eat.

I have lost about 20 pounds in three months and would like to gain it back.

Posted on

Since starting insulin about 5 years ago I started gaining weight and I'm having a hard time getting back down to the weight where I want to be.  It's only 15 lbs but that's enough weight to make most of the clothes in my closet too tight to get into.  

Posted on

he correct dose of Insulin for type 2 is ZERO. Type 1 is a disease of no insulin production. Type 2 is a disease of Insulin resistance. You have too much insulin now, for god's sake don't inject more. High blood sugar is the symptom not the cause. The cause is insulin resistance. Your body's cells and especially your liver are FULL of sugar and don't want more. Too reverse insulin resistance eat 25 to 50 grams of carbs per day max, eat high fat medium protein. Eat healthy animals that are grass fed, whole dairy, all berries, nuts. green veggies and lots of avocados. Eat 2 to 3 meals a day, do NOT snack. Try to walk more, no heavy exercise. This works for everyone. Diabetes in not a progressive disease and is 100% curable by you!

Posted on

@redbone5335  Are you a diabetes medical professional?

Posted on

No just a diabetic type 2 with an A1C of 5.5 and normal insulin levels who treats the disease not the symptoms.

Posted on

I think what has been the most frustrating thing for me, like many have said here is that the key to treating diabetes is making lifestyle changes, not just taking a pill or injecting with insulin. And that's really hard. We're all human and sometimes we don't have the energy or the time or the resources to make the "right" or healthy choices. We can only do the best we can. Stay strong everyone! πŸ’ͺ

Posted on

Here is the easiest way to reverse insulin resistance.  Let me be clear,your research of this online will support this.

eggs cooked in grass fed butter 3 to 5

Plenty of grass fed breakfast meats

One piece of rye or whole grain  bread butter yes.

Handfuls of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries.

Eat until you are satiated!

Second meal at maybe 4 or 5 pm

Grass Fed Beef, Pork, Lamb

Fish or other seafoods

Vegetables cooked in Olive oil

Avocados and or guacamole 

Whole cheese

Nuts, easy on cashew and peanut.

More berries 

tomatoes

You can make one heck of a meal out of the list above.  Eat the second meal until you are satiated. 

This will reverse your insulin resistance and will work 100% of the time.  If you have type 2 Diabetes already, this could take one or two years.

If you do not have type 2 yet and If you have normal blood sugar and normal fasting Insulin levels you are not developing insulin resistance,  However if you fasting blood sugar is normal and your fasting  insulin is higher than 3 units, you are on your way to developing insulin resistance. and this diet will reverse it usually within a few weeks.

Posted on

I missed the first part of the above post.

Eat two meals a day. about 5 or 6 hours apart

First meal starts with the eggs

Most commented discussions