What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

Posted on

The hardest part for me is the constant suggestions from people who don’t have diabetes. My doctor suggested that I start a plant based lifestyle. He said that the one rule I need to follow is that if it grows out of the ground I can eat it. Of course I can’t drink soda or eat sweets, but I have those up a long time ago. If someone sees me eating potatoes I get a lecture about carbs. If someone sees me eating fruit I get a lecture about sugar. Also people tell me to try keto, weight watchers,fasting, etc  Everyone seems to think they know better than my doctor and don’t care when I tell them that I’m doing what my doctor suggested  

it feels like no matter what I do people feel the need to tell me I’m doing it all wrong. Most days I can ignore it. But when I’m having a particularly difficult day it takes all of my energy to walk away. 

Posted on

I was diagnosed just a little over a year ago and I've changed my diet and I was able to lose almost 30 lbs the first 3 months but haven't lost weight since then.  My A1C went from 13.6 to 8.1 within 8months and I just got checked again about 3 weeks ago and I'm at 6.1 which I'm soooooo happy about but what I'm struggling with now is low blood sugar. I don't get it.  I eat the same but im finding myself reaching for a cup of apple juice quite often 😭 has this happened to anyone?  Where u suffered from high blood sugar but now u suffer from low blood sugar? Or is this something normal after being on medication? 

Posted on

What I hate the most is not being able to indulge in the food I love to eat I love pasta and baked goods and I hate having to prick my fingers every day I hate type2 diabetes we can send a man to the moon but we can't find a cure for diabetes that SUCKS!

Posted on

@Floreslala  Wow amazing I wish I could lose 30 lbs without starving myself so tell me is having low blood sugar just as bad as having high blood sugar and if you have low blood sugar can you eat pasta and cakes and regular soda??

Posted on

Hello guys. Carb counting is the way forward when it comes to fast acting insulin

Do you know any programmes to follow?

Any webpages to help?

thanks

Posted on

@Mrubalcava losing  the 30lbs wasn't as hard as i thought it would be actually....my sister follows the now famous keto diet so I would follow it with her to a certain extent.  There's soooo many things that are easy to make and super filling....im such a picky eater too and I must say, I can still eat what I love but with certain substitutes. I LOVEEE pasta....I switched over to zoodles for the most part BUT Walmart sells these packs of zero carb pasta called Shirataki pasta.....its in the produce area like by the packs of salads are... heres the link https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nasoya-Pasta-Zero-Shirataki-Spaghetti-8-oz-Bag/33141085

As for low blood sugar.....I feel like crap when I get low blood sugar.... I feel so weak I can't even move my body....I will say its A LOT easier to treate low blood sugar vs high blood sugar....with low ill just drink apple juice or eat candy and euth high blood sugar I have to drink a lot of water and go for a walk.....bringing down the sugar is a longer process vs bringing up ur sugar which can happen rapidly.  Hope this helps!!

Posted on

@Mrubalcava  I struggle with this, too.  I can’t eat any of the foods I love—bread, pasta, cereals.  It is so frustrating and I’m on a constant yo-yo of watching my blood sugar, starving myself to keep my sugar down.  And then the sugar gets too low and I have to eat something or drink something to get it back up, then it goes too high.

Posted on

Mine is feeling tired ALL THE TIME! Even when my numbers are good I am always lacking energy. That leads me to diet. I hate the word “diet”. It should be, “lifestyle change.” Once you start using a specific diet you can’t stop it. If you do, you gain back the weight and then some more is added. I’ve tried Atkins, keto and I don’t know what else. Now I look like Mrs. Santa Claus. I’m going to start another type of diet. Hope this one is doable. So sick of being fat and ugly.

Posted on

@Courtney_J  hi I'm new here.  Is this the proper way to post . I work swing shift makes blood sugar control difficult at times. Plus,  I have to figure out when to eat so I can allow eight hours to get fasting number. 

Posted on

@sportbilly  I use myfitnesspal by under armour 

Most commented discussions