What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with type 2 diabetes?

Posted on

You eat carbos.  You shoot insulin.   Insulin is a "fat storage" hormone.  the carbos turn to fat.

Stop eating carbos.  stop shooting insulin.   Take your Metformin, full dose. Your body will burn the fat.

You have plenty of insulin already, your cells are insulin resistant. That big insulin dose just stuffs the carbos into overstuffed cells.  

Eat healthy animals, grass fed. whole dairy, eggs, butter, olive oil, avocados, tomatoes, berries, nuts.  That is it....that is it....that is it.

Eat three meals a day, no snacks,  Try to get down to two or even one a day.  Do not eat if you are not hungry.

When you eat, eat until you are satiated. 

High blood sugar is the symptom,  Insulin resistance is the cause.  This will treat the cause and reverse the insulin resistance over time you will see.

The above only applies to Type 2 not Type 1 Diabetes.

Posted on

I have been fighting between finger sticks and cgm devices. I have tried and am frustrated with cgm. I have had

major problems with the adhesive on the dexcom g6. I have had skin infections from the sensors I have called the 

company and they are not helpful Do not use this product. does anyone use a pogo meter?

Posted on

Vegan for 10 years. Still had to go on insulin. The most frustrating thing for me is that my Doctors have had no clue about nutrition and have been telling me high protein low carb is the way to go. So I tried eating more tofu ( processed and high in fat). And also other highly processed protein sources. So I read a book called Mastering diabetes.  Since January 15th when I got the book I have  gone from 10.3 a1c to a projected 5.9. I’ll get bloodwork done next week. 

Posted on
Hi Tony, Replace some of the Tofu with Avocado and use more olive oil in your cooking and on your vegetables. . Fueling your body with healthy fat instead of carbos will reverse your insulin resistance. If you eat too much protein, you risk kidney, or gallbladder stones, or even gout as you get older. Also protein does elicit an insulin response as well so low carbo, low protein, high healthy fat diet will reverse your insulin resistance. If If you do this for about 4 to 6 months, your cells will become more insulin sensitive and you will find you can eat one meal a day of all the carbos you want and still maintain homeostasis. Unfortunately you will not be able to eat 2 or 3 meals a day of high carbos and stay in balance. There almost no humans who can eat carbos 3 times a day and not develop insulin resistance over time. In the end remember high blood sugar is the symptom, the disease is insulin resistance! This of course applies only to Type 2.

Posted on

My answer can change from day to day as there are so many things that are so frustrating with having diabetes. But today I have 3 things.

I think I have to say how I feel sick ALL THE TIME. If I eat bad I'm pukey, if I eat healthy im pukey. If my blood sugar is bad or good I feel sick, if I take my medicine like I'm supposed to or if i don't I feel sick. I can't catch break. 

The 2nd thing is how my body hurts all the time and how easily I get injured now a days and how long it takes to recover. It can takes weeks to recover from an injury that would have healed in a day or two pre-diabetes.

The 3rd thing is how I have no one to talk to about any of it. I have 1 family member with it but due to reasons that involve neither of us they don't speak to me. My sister is slowly learning about diabetes but its not the same as talking to someone who understands. I have no one to talk to that understands.

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @appexangel‍, thank you for your comment and for sharing your experience! emoticon cute 

To some of our new members who may not have seen this discussion yet, what do you think? What is the hardest part of living with diabetes for you? Is it a particular symptom or side effect? Or is it more of a social thing for you, like appexangel's third point?
@bmccoy2311@KaraBri@WilliamsCho@Merymac66@fsfiler76@Maryst@AnnaLou1@fsfiler76@Phyllisjane@jasper2@mahoners@Davidxjohn@Pepperhodg@Disgirl1973@brats7478@bhagerling@ceeike@Bobbijh175@tcollier‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I’m Italian so the hardest part for me is bread and pasta.  I portion the pasta but I’m used to eating more than that....and the bread...well sometimes I have to cheat.  

Posted on

Trying to keep my sugar levels in a positive safe range.

Posted on

I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but I've been frustrated lately with the lack of progress or solutions for type 2 diabetes. They were able to speed up research and development to create several different vaccines for COVID, so why can't they come up with better treatments or tools for treating diabetes? I know it's obviously not the same thing or area of medicine, but I haven't heard of anything new or innovative being done for diabetes patients in recent years.

Posted on

Just search dr berg and dr ecberg  diabetes type 2 on youtube and you will be fine.

Most commented discussions