Over-The-Counter Supplements, herb, spices that lower blood glucose

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2007, and I have been reading about it ever since.  One of the topics of interest are the possibility of the following over-the-counter supplements can lower blood glucose values : Cinnamon, Bitter Melon, Resveratrol and Magnesium.  You can find additional information in the article that can be found at 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/blood-sugar-supplements

Has anyone tried any of these supplements and did you notice any change in your blood glucose values?

Beginning of the discussion - 7/29/19

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi @Hidden username‍ I take vitamin D and magnesium, and while I am able to maintain my BG levels within normal ranges now without medications, I cannot convincingly say that I can attribute this to vitamin D and magnesium.

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ @Hidden username@Hidden username‍ ‍ @Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username@Hidden username‍ 

Hi members, I hope you do not mind me tagging you in this discussion, but it seems interesting in the information @Hidden username‍ presented.

Has anyone tried Cinnamon, Bitter Melon, Resveratrol or Magnesium to help manage/control their diabetes/blood glucose levels? Did you notice any changes in your blood glucose levels?

Member Carenity
Posted on

I AVE FOUND OUT SINCE I AM TYPE 2, THAT THE KEY FORME, IS A BALANCED DIET I EAT BASICALLY THE SAME THING PRETTY MUCH AND THAT CONSISTENCY A HAS PROVEN TO BE A WINNER FOR ME, NOT SURE IT WILL FOR EVERYONE BUT I AM OF THE MINDSET, THAT IF IT WORKS DO NOT CHANGE JUST FOR VARIETY.

Member Carenity
Posted on

AS AN ADDON YOU DECIDE WHATYOURDIETWILL BE NOT THE URGE TO HAVE MORE, OR GRATER VARIETY. 

Member Carenity
Posted on

When I eat oatmeal for breakfast steam carrots and broccoli for lunch  then I might have 2 steamed chicken tenders with carrots and broccoli for dinner and I got it down to 155 so maybe it's what I'm eating. But it was aweful the first few days I was 300-289. Now I'm seeing 155-189 so I guess I need to cut back more maybe just 2meals a day may work better for me

Member Carenity
Posted on
In the beginning, I did try cinnamon, but it didn't really work for me as far as blood sugars were concerned. Insulin and dietary changes were the key for me. No sugary drinks, no rice, potatoes, cereal; a lot less bread and sweets, more fruit and salads. I cannot just eat the same stuff every day. That just leads to not eating at all or eventually binging on something I shouldn't be eating. Now I'm off insulin and using Bydureon and Synjardy for diabetes control. Last A1c was 6.1 and hoping to see less than that in September. It isn't really my bg that I need to worry about right now, but controlling weight is a big problem.
Member Carenity
Posted on

I found an amazing supplement my friend suggested for me. 

It is called CuraLin. It's 100% natural and she said it did wonders for her! I just ordered mine and waiting for it to arrive. It has a lot of the ingredients you all mentioned above.

You can read about all the ingredients here- https://curalife.co/