Type 2 Diabetes and the Coronavirus - questions, concerns, precautions?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Diabetes (Type 2)

Posted on

8.2 is high but when I was first diagnosed, my A1C was 11.2. But with exercise, diet change and medicine my A1C is 4.4. We definitely have to be extra careful and stay home.  I can't say it's a "death sentence" because I know individuals that have diabetes and the coronavirus and they're coming alone just fine.  It might take longer for a person, whose immune system is compromised to heal than a person who have no underlying issues.  Please take care of yourself. 

Posted on

I've had diabetes for 30 plus years I take humilun RU-500 my sugars fluctuate.  I am wondering if I do everything right as far as hygiene and staying inside will the virus effect my immune system and what is the odds of me catching it 

Posted on

My Ac1 started at 11 it is between 9 and 10 now I am on 2 different insulins humilin 500 scaled  and basqular 110 units a day my hardest problem is not doing anything I believe it is caused by depression which is getting worse. I am also fixing to go through  separation from my husband on 16 yrs almost 17 and now the virus going around I have been on lock down for 3 weeks now. This is so hard for me. Trying really hard to care enough about my self to want to feel better. But I do have my faith.

MG

Posted on

Hello everyone, I am new to this site!I guess my major concern is that besides diabetes  I have high blood and high cholesterol,so I am really worried!I am doing the best that I can,but I still am working!I try not to worry much and leave it in Gods hands!!

Posted on

I am also diabetes 2 I went for resting last Monday still never received my results. I feel terrible and getting scared

Posted on
Do not get upset if you can help it everyone is different. My A1C was 8.2 and I have high blood pressure, stage 3 kidney disease, survivor of breast cancer 5 years now. I have been totally stressed my sister passed away Feb. 26th unexpectedly at 64 she went to sleep and never woke up. I live in GA she lived in CT. The stress and money to go to CT unexpectedly was unbearable. Last week I started coughing and felt horrible. My PCP told me to go home and rest. By Friday I couldn't breathe. My husband took me to the ER. I have pneumonia. I am on meds, I was in a big tent with other patients because they thought I had Corona19. I was sent home this is my 6th day and I am finally starting to feel better. I tested neg. For Corona19 but my husband tested positive. The Doctor said I probably had it but mine turned to pneumonia. We are so Blessed to be alive. We all know our bodies if you feel you can handle going outside do it with a mask and gloves on. There is no place to go here in GA just drive thru food. Good luck

Posted on

God bless you. Continue to trust in him. I will be lifting you up in prayer.

Posted on

Hello everyone, how are you all holding up? It's great to see all these new names around here.

@LindaClaire that sounds really scary, how are you and your husband doing?

@Mstelly39‍ Have you had an update from your doctor? Don't be scared, you're going to get through this! 

Posted on

We are getting a little better each day.   Thank you for asking.  7 more days quarantined but we both need it to heal correctly..

Posted on

Hi my name is Vancey .I am type 2 mine was over 6. I think it was close to 7 . I decided to take charge of my diet and walk as much as I can. I have lost weight and feel a difference in my clothes I. am using my faith in God to help me to get through this pandemic . I also battle depression among other things so I do understand the post others have made. My advice trust God , beware and do research what works for you

God Bless. 

Vancey 

Most commented discussions