Mucus and discomfort in the throat: What can I do?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

10 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. Recently I've been having trouble with constant mucus and a feeling of discomfort in the throat. Does anyone else have this? Do you have any good remedies?

Thanks.

Beginning of the discussion - 6/3/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@mr1964 Hello mr1964, thank you for starting this discussion. Let me tag some members who may not have seen this yet.

Hello members, I hope you're doing well! Have you also experienced throat discomfort and mucus with your COPD? What do you do to soothe it? Do you take any medications or non-medicinal treatments to relieve it? If so, which ones? Feel free to share your experience with us here!

@Keally@Kwarpenburg@Shanaynay@afalco46@mfcmom@PinkCarnation24@roconnor0768@Hera0301@Kelley2020@RobinRenee@Sodbuster@PatriciaSantiago@Mommastruggling@CUMMINGS@Smokie58‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Yes I have that a lot I drink some coffee and it helps me

Posted on

I try to drink lots of water or tea all day it's make the mucus come up and out easier for me! Listerine is great since I have an inhaler  to rinse and swish with! Best wishes.. 

Posted on

HI,

I do have some mucus with my copd, I also have asthma. so during the  winter i have more mucus. is this normal?

Posted on

I constantly feel like I'm choking from all the mucus in my throat. Would a decongestant help do you think or would it just make it worse?

Posted on

I drink pineapple juice it helps, and dr prescibed mucinex, I also bout TILCARE MUCUS REMOVAL AND LUNG EXPANSION DEVICE, You can find on ebay or amazon. And don't be afraid to spit it out! I keep a plastic cup near my bed to spit up. ( a red one! don't want to see the mucus). hope this helps. 

Posted on

After three major sinus infections spurned on by the defective / recalled Philips Bi-PAP machine use, I had sinus surgery last May to clear the upper right sinus area.  For a month after the surgery, I had severe and painful bronchitis with the Pleurisy pains in the chest.  Now, over three months after the surgery,  I also have the constant mucous in the upper bronchial airways that does not go away with the traditional expectorants like Mucinex.

Among my numerous meds that I take, I have the new Breztri Aerosphere inhaler for morning and night use.  Replaced the Trelegy Ellipta due to cost when I received free meds assistance from Breztri.  I don't know if the Breztri makes the mucous worse or if it has no affect on it.  

What I have found that works to loosen up the mucous in order to expel it has been the Ventolin Albuterol rescue inhalers.  Having stocked up on that script I am able to take a shot or two, 3 or 4 times a day to clear out the throat.  

Posted on

I have bad problems with the mucus in my chest im always trying to get it broke loose but i bought a device called the breather and the air physio i started using them and it will break it loose for awhile it helps with your breathing too i don't really think there is anything that helps permanently if it is i don't know what it is does anybody have any other opinions on this

Posted on

After my last major exacerbation with the COPD and the short runs of Prednisone, my Pulmonologist prescribed a nebulizer with Albuterol for me. Three months later and still having major mucus issues in the chest/larynx, the Pulmonologist gave me samples of Ipratropium Bromide with Albuterol for the nebulizer. This really helped with the congestion and I now take it with the nebulizer 3 to 4 times per day. Still some congestion, mainly in the mornings, but a major improvement for me.

Most commented discussions