Do you question your feelings?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

6 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Have y’all ever questioned why you get of defensive over your feelings? I know I have times where my emotions take over and I have a hard time controlling them or understanding them but when you are questioned about them or asked to explain you defend yourself and get more emotional.

Beginning of the discussion - 5/11/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@april.daisy23 Hello april.daisy23, thank you for starting this discussion. I think our feelings can be quite difficult to talk about, especially if we feel put on the spot by others. Let me tag some members who can maybe share their experience with this.

Hello members, I hope you don't mind that I've tagged you. Do you ever feel like april.daisy23 and have a hard time explaining your emotions? Feel free to share here!

@Integrityisntcommon@Goldenheart@savigirl14@Veronicahc19@NaReyes@Morganpup@Hobrien524@KylieM1545@Jackiea521@AutisticElephant324@Ash2017@confused@skitzaction@Cbutler0@LouisR‍ 

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on
I think because our feelings get over looked by others or are not as important to others is why we get defensive about it we try to protect ourselves and be validated for our feelings so much that it just becomes second nature to be defisive

Posted on

@april.daisy23 @Integrityisntcommon I agree, I think sometimes I don't feel like people understand how I'm feeling or don't even really think about it so I get defensive when asked about it because I want them to take them seriously I guess. And I think also sometimes I don't understand how I feel so being asked about it makes me really confront those feelings and dig into them and then that makes me emotional.

Posted on

@Integrityisntcommon wow I never thought of it like that! It makes sense. Thank you.

Posted on

@gottgetbtr  Yes I go through that! I sometimes don’t understand or know the reasoning behind my own emotions so it gets hard when questioned about them or asked why I’m acting that way and I have no idea myself nothing specifically upset me I’m just emotional.

Posted on
Yes! I feel like part of me is one emotional the other is just too scared of being judged to open up

Most commented discussions