How do you cope with your PTSD?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

What happens when you have PTSD and your emotions and past are causing so many flash backs leaving you exhausted confused about loved ones hurt and defeated 

Beginning of the discussion - 8/26/20

Posted on

@Cyncar88 Hi Cyncar88, thank you for opening this discussion. I'm sorry you're going through so much confusion and pain. Let me see if some other members can share their experiences and how they cope with their PTSD with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing today? How do you cope with your PTSD in the day to day? How do you manage your flashbacks or triggers? Do you have any coping mechanisms or techniques you can share with Cyncar88?
@Blackbelt5328@Miabell@Lucieb@Lizzie12@Joya1234@aethsty@Kalynnj24@CTaylor1997@michaelpeterjr21@Pandora@Chooley627@brattat26@SuperDaveToU@sayaret@Dws#482@Wolfspun@fynnpineo‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, and advice here! emoticon cute

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I tend to walk myself through the past trauma and remind myself when I’m in a mental state that allows it remind myself it was not my fault and life happens.

Posted on

I'm doing okay, my depression is getting worse and my bipolar psychosis is worsening as well. I hate having these issues, I feel so out of place and like I'm not supposed to be here idk 

Posted on
It's getting hard to cope but the thing that was helping me the most was when I was taking CBT cognitive behavioral therapy classes it was teaching me a lot of strategies on how to ground myself and keep myself into the present rather than allowing myself to go into the flash back and relive The experience unfortunately I'm no longer taking those classesI had to stop going when I lost my house so was homeless for a while I'm now housed ,so yeah on that note , what i learned during CBT classes was really educational as well as freeing if you can actually bring yourself to utilize the tools that you learned whichis kind of the harder part is actually utilizing tools you learn