- Home
- Forums
- Sleep apnea Forum
- Treatments for sleep apnea
- What alternatives to CPAP have you tried?
Patients Sleep apnea
What alternatives to CPAP have you tried?
- 132 views
- 2 times supported
- 9 comments
All comments
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM
Joined in 2020
1,334 comments posted | 38 in the Sleep apnea Forum
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
@Bligrachas3 Hello diaflag, thank you for opening this discussion. How is the pillow working for you? Let me tag some other members who may be able to share their experiences with you.
Hi everyone, how are you doing? Have you ever tried any alternative or complementary aids for your sleep apnea? What has worked for you?
@Doseash6 @Mayfrihay3880 @Veagucheyn237 @Beenaigloun8 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Tayveybohai16 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Kayroul407 @Greyhoapul933 @Trebler7935 @Sheycloukostong97 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Frafair831 @Roanool2
Feel free to share any recommendations here!
Take care,
Courtney
See the signature
Courtney_J, Community Manager, Carenity US
Doseash6
Doseash6
Last activity on 04/11/2026 at 9:06 PM
Joined in 2020
3 comments posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
None. CPAP worked amazingly the first time. Since then, they have just had to adjust the pressure settings. And, my doctor eventually wanted to update my machine. But, I haven't tried other therapies.
Trebler7935
Trebler7935
Last activity on 01/06/2025 at 2:40 AM
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I was having heart arrhythmia and the CPAP helped diminish the problem, but it slowly returned. I have improved quality of sleep, and really can't even sleep without it since I'm so used to it. I had to have my pressure adjusted 2 times and I'm now at 10. I have a Philips Dreamstation, which is a great machine. I haven't tried any alternatives since I was prescribed the machine, but I did see a mask/harness device that's supposed to keep your airway open without a machine.
Frafair831
Frafair831
Last activity on 08/30/2024 at 1:58 AM
Joined in 2020
2 comments posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I haven't tried any alternative CPAPs but we did get a new bed with the wave action. To me it has made a huge difference in my sleep quality. I have had to adjust the pressure also.
Woohoumas4974
Woohoumas4974
Last activity on 02/10/2021 at 7:42 PM
Joined in 2020
2 comments posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I was on oxygen before I went on CPAP for two years
91Chiloan
91Chiloan
Last activity on 02/21/2022 at 6:06 AM
Joined in 2022
4 comments posted | 2 in the Sleep apnea Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Explorer
@Doseash6
My CPAP pillow made from memory foam tend to offer the best pressure relief, though latex and polyfoam options also provide gentle contouring. You can check out CPAP pillows. [Link removed for violation of community standards] are available in a range of shapes meant to support the cervical spine and provide space for a CPAP mask.
Soudoot039
Soudoot039
Last activity on 02/26/2022 at 11:23 PM
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
My Dr. recently discovered that my blood has too much Co2 and switched me to a Bi-PAP machine which I like much better.
Unregistered member
I'm using the Bongo, a device with 2 little nasal cones and NO MASK. It's not recommended for people with severe sleep apnea, but if your AHI is below 30, I highly recommend it. I use it with a strap to make sure the cones stay in my nose, but it's not necessary. I also tape my mouth to ensure I breathe through the cones. I'm SO pleased to have given up my very uncomfortable mask and the paraphernalia that came with it! I've attached a picture of the Bongo.
Troogluroaflul4
Troogluroaflul4
Last activity on 04/02/2025 at 10:56 PM
Joined in 2021
4 comments posted | 4 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I bought a Sutera pillow.it has helped me sleep better and I don’t have neck pain any more.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
12/12/2018 | Testimonial
Fighting Schizophrenia Symptoms: a Long Journey Against Paranoia after Denial and being Admitted
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Bligrachas3
Bligrachas3
Last activity on 01/20/2021 at 11:22 PM
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Sleep apnea Forum
Rewards
Explorer
I’m trying wedge pillow. Been on Cpap 9 years. Now have insomnia and taking medication.