is this MS and am I experiencing the MS hug?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

i had an MRI for memory loss. I have many other symptoms.. muscle and joint pains, weakness, fatigue, depression, visual issues, numbness and tingling , sensitivity to heat and cold. Patch of numb burning skin on my back.

Main thing is I have a tight spasm of the diaphragm area and lower ribs/upper abs and it goes into my chest and even neck and wraps around my back. It is so severe that it causes me to have trouble breathing. I literally feel like I’m going to die every time. It started about 6 or so months ago and goes on and off. Does this sound like MS and the MS hug?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/28/18

Posted on

Hi @Sillysarah8466 I just replied to another discussion created by you... have you had any updates on your diagnosis?

MS hug generally causes difficulty breathing and is "tightness" feeling. Did these feelings appear out of nowhere, before you started thinking you may have MS? The experience of this tight feeling and trouble breathing can differ from person to person, so it is not possible for me to say it is in fact what you are experiencing, but any chest pain should be looked at and the symptoms you are describing could be that of MS and the "MS hug".

Are you experiencing any dizziness or loss of coordination, by an chance?

What caused you to consider or think that you may have MS from these symptoms?

Posted on

@Sillysarah8466 your images did not show up. but yes this sounds like MS hug. Have you seen any doctors that specialize in MS or neurological diseases?

Most commented discussions