https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis community!

It is true that it is not easy to know the path / experience of each member with MS and know who to reach out to or experiencing the same as you. Trust is essential to be able to talk and share calmly, especially in a community like this.

Therefore. we encourage all members in this group to introduce themselves.

Share a little about your story, when you were diagnosed, experiences, etc. with MS to introduce yourself to the community! 

Beginning of the discussion - 10/7/19

Welcome to the MS community!

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with MS 6 months ago and was started on Gylenia. Everything's going good except one problem in the last few weeks. I keep breaking out in hives, it may seem wired but, I have noticed them getting worse when I am active like working or found house cleaning. They are all over my arms primarily. If you have experienced these or have any ideas I would appreciate it. I'm taking Benadryl to try to keep them from worsening. Any ideas?

Thanx

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi my name is christy and I was just diagnosed with MS 5 days ago and I need any advice about best meds to anything else anyone wants to share. My father had MS but hes been gone 7 years and he had massive strokes before the MS so hard to tell with his situation. 

Thanks

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Everyone.  My name is Linda and I was diagnosed with MS last month.  I must say that it was a shock as one day I was fine and the next day I woke up and my leg was numb.  Went to the doctor and that then led to the long road of diagnosis of MS.  Just getting to the point of choosing the right meds to start fighting this disease.  Glad to meet everyone and hope we can find help and solace with one another as we make this journey together.

Thanks

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi! I’m Meagan :)

I'm 31 and have been sick for years. I’ve been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression . 
I have dealt with the feeling of electricity running through my body for years now, and it’s in my spine constantly. I don’t like my back touched because it sends shooting nerves through my whole spine 

i occasionally get sciatica, but recently I’ve been dealing with my hands and arms going completely numb.

i get migraines often, I have sensitive ears to small sounds and can only sleep with earplugs 

the weirdest symptom I get that “during a flare” there will be an area of extreme tenderness. Sometimes it’ll be the whole side of my face, neck and scalp. This lady’s for a couple of weeks and on different occasions has effected  my arms 

I try not to complain because no one understands 

I had an MRI a few days ago and it was normal.

I’m also dealing with terrible neck pain 

I just feel defeated and hope that someone can chat with me. I’m really curious about the tender spots. Because I can’t find any info on this symptom 

Member Carenity
Posted on

I’ve also been losing bladder and bowel control. 

Every symptom matches MS, but symptoms of a pinched nerve in the neck could explain some of my symptoms.