https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi,

I've had MS for 10 years now (diagnosed in my early 30s), and I'd heard that after 55-60 MS stops being as progressive... What does that mean exactly? Does that mean it'll get better at that age? If I know that it'll eventually get better I'll be glad to have something to look forward to!

Thanks for any replies!

Beginning of the discussion - 7/14/21

Getting older with MS

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @MS_283‍, thank you for opening this discussion! Let me tag some other members who can possibly share with you.

Hi everyone, how are you today? Have any of you heard about how MS can change as we age? Have any of you noticed your MS evolving as you've gotten older? Has it gotten worse? Better? 
@ArturK@vonstar28@MSlupuswarrior@JuliePlave@tinawest9877@JennaGreen@Karen9905@Nicki21@Dselle00@HrlyBabe4@paulakasson@Scotlind99@Onlymwilliams@KylanP@Gotwle@Ldough@Ndinda@Masseryp‍ 

Feel free to share here!

Take care,
Courtney

Getting older with MS

Posted on

Yes, it has gotten worse, especially my memory!

Getting older with MS

Posted on

Actually, at sixty-one I stopped taking my Betaseron because a seventy-year-old lady I met on a cruise told me after 60 the medicine didn't do much good anymore.  I was glad to hear that because I was so sick of giving myself shots every day.  I am now sixty-nine and I have had no relapses.  I will admit a twinge or two but I also got the with the medicine, but I still keep to all the other things I was doing for my MS.   

I had the two Covid shots and I was fine no reactions.  

Getting older with MS

Posted on

Dx at 64,now 66 with PPMS. Miss all those great years I had bc this disease stinks. Ready for new challenge as I was bored being newly retired and can no longer golf,drive my car etc.

Getting older with MS

Posted on

I am 83 and have been with this for over half my life.  I was getting slower at things at first, but as I grew older I lost the use of  my legs.   I feel completely useless.  I have lost all my good friends, volunteering, and keeping in touch and isolated myself from the rest of the world,  

Getting older with MS

Posted on

I’m 64, diagnosed over 30 years ago, and no longer taking disease modifying drugs. Unfortunately, the Secondary MS symptoms have continued to worsen. Scary and discouraging 

Getting older with MS

Posted on

I have had MS diagnosed 36 years but my first flare was 40 years ago. I'm 55 I'll be 56 in November. Started out with RMS have run the gamut on the medication. Now on my second biologic drug and I've been diagnosed now with active secondary progressive by my new neurologist. I'm slowing down unable to drive anymore. Still walk with a tall Walker and have an electric wheelchair for when I go out around town. I could look at all the things that I've lost and be sad but I look at all the things ahead the challenges are like an adventure to me. That in my relationship with the Lord keeps me going each and every day.

Most commented discussions