https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/depression.jpg

Patients Depression

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

I didn't want to go to college, but now I am going for cosmatology, and I can see my Ex-boyfriend and I living together taking care of our kid, i'm not finished with school, but I can do school online at home so that I can work more. I would do jumpstart, so I can hurry and graduate and get to college. I would have a job or 2 to support my baby. I already have money i've been saving, but I will work my ass off if I find out i'm pregnant.

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

Very excellent, you seem to know the score.  I assume you got high school and all that out of the way?  Do you have a particular profession in mind or something you are interested in pursuing?  

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

@castledepress I'm still in highschool, but yes, i'm going to be studying in cosmetology.

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

Make sure you finish high school. This is number ONE priority. And in the event that you aren't pregnant you need to use protection. This is number one priority also. You need to finish high school because the GED is a nightmare and without at least a high school diploma your life is going to be a living hell. Put everything else on hold and finished school. How long have you known this guy? Sorry for the third degree but I've seen a lot of women your age with no high school diploma struggling with the GED and with a child and you don't want to become another statistic. Also, guys mature much slower than women do and even if his intentions are really good he might not be up to the challenge. When I was his age I was a disaster. I know it all looks good on paper and that you have the best of intentions but the reality is way harder. I also know I'm probably going to sound a lot like your parents but remember, we've been around and it's rough out there.

Also, two jobs, a child AND school??????  Better think on this one.   

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

@Kenzie22 Why is he your ex-boyfriend?  Did I miss something?  And also, you said working two jobs and going to school.  Having a child is like a full time job in itself and I don't want to see you set yourself up for failure.  How much family support do you have in case you need it?   And make sure you aren't just getting even with your mother by doing all this.  

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on
Well my mom made us break up cause of the age difference, but we still talk every now and then. I mean if i'm pregnant i'm keeping it for sure and if i'm not then i'll wait for the future, but my family, I guess they would be supportive. I made it through by my self so, and Hell nooooo, I would not get pregnant just to piss my mama off. Fuck that, i'm not finna ruin my life on her account. My Ex and I had sex without a condom, so there's a chance I could be pregnant or not.
Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

@Kenzie22 Your mother made you break up with him because of the age difference.  This wasn't your decision it seems and you are still living under her roof I assume?  So the guy is now your ex boyfriend who's baby you might be carrying, did I get this right?  

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

@castledepress Yes you did, but when I turn 18 i'm moving out

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

If your mother hadn't objected to his age problem is there anything else that's a problem with him?  Anything you would like him to correct?  

Teenage heartbreak

Posted on

@castledepress‍  No theres no problem with him, but she would make me breakup with him anyways most likely, cause shes jealous she don't have/can't get a man.

Most commented discussions