Did breast cancer affect your marriage or relationship? Share experiences, support, and advice.

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

Did breast cancer affect your marriage or relationship? Share experiences, support, and advice.

Posted on

@Mkjennifer i am so sorry you are going thru this. I hope you can get support from other family members and Support groups .I have been married for almost 40 years he has been my Angel if i did not have his support i don't think i could of went on. I send you a speedy recovery and if you need to talk i am here. I just had a double Mascetomy and i carry the brac2 gene 

Posted on
Thank you. I have amazing friends and family. And feeling good today. Prayers and hugs to you.

Posted on

My fiance cheated on me cause he didnt want me having fake brwasts after being diagnose with Ductoral Circanoma. 3 days after bilateral mastectomy he left me. After almost 2 decades he decided i wasnt good enough to keep because of breast cancer.

Posted on

@LoraThomas  I'm really sorry that happened to you. I'm scared of a mastectomy because I don't know if I can handle feeling disfigured. Have things gotten better for you since you last posted?

Posted on

I was just thinking about this today... I'm going through chemo again and I think the dynamic has really changed with my husband. He's afraid of hurting me I think and keeps a distance from me. I'm grateful for it on the days that I just feel sick and exhausted after treatment, but some days I wish he'd stop being delicate and just hold me like he used to. I'm afraid he doesn't find me or my body beautiful anymore.

Posted on

@missshe ,

If I may, you should not think it that way. Have you ever seen couples where he is very handsome and she is ugly and wonder how can that be?  That is because beauty, I believe, is just a luring thing to allow reproduction but for a couple relationship to last a lifetime, other values come into play. Cancer cannot change values. Did you try talking to him?

Posted on

@missshe Hey, @Hazelio is right. Cancer can't change values. Your husband loves you for you, not just for your body. Definitely talk to him and tell him what you need. I definitely went through a rough patch like that after my mastectomy. I didn't love my body so I couldn't imagine anyone loving it either. But with time and healing and being honest with myself and my husband I knew that our love for each other was stronger than physical attributes. I'm still working on it, but I'm trying to love and accept my scars.