How do I deal with past trauma?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

7 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

13 years ago my older brother murdered my mother and father and tried to kill me as well, but luckily I and youngest brother survived until authorities arrived and took us away from the scene of the crime. But it took the authorities several days to get there because I stayed near my parents bodies until one of our neighbors called them.

My brother and I ran off from the authorities in fear of what they would do to us, so we lived on the streets and metros for the next 8 years until we both joined the military. But joining the military was my biggest mistake in my life because my little brother died due to my choices in life.

One day my brother and I were on a scouting mission to check for survivors of a previous engagement, but as we went he saw something sticking outside of the ground, so he went to investigate it. As he walked near it he accidentally stepped on it and blew up, if I had realized that we were in a minefield I would've sent him back to base and gone on myself.

He barely survived the explosion but barely. He lost three of his limbs and his face and skull were deformed to the point to where he couldn't survive for long, so I put him down out of mercy.

It haunts me, I wake every morning and consider suicide. I have resorted to drugs and alcohol to deal with the pain. I wish I were the dead one and not him.

I need to talk to someone about it and maybe help me somehow forget about everything or to at least district myself from it and move on.

Beginning of the discussion - 9/14/20

Posted on

@Dima38 Hello Dima38, thank you for opening this discussion and bravely sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been through all of that, it must have been very traumatic losing your family. Please know that the community is here to support you and that you are not alone. Let me tag some other members who may be able to share their experiences with trauma and how they cope with it.

Hello everyone, how are you doing? How do you process your past traumas and any profound loss that you've experienced? Do you have any words of support or advice to share with @Dima38‍?
@Happy77@baldwinginger206@Petunia64@Sarafromhell@Bunnykay@Coolahrens@Diana1969@DemetriaDalomba@Caitie19@Catyrose2001@SavannahLee@kristy@tkoden0001@Flowerz@autumnrw921‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences here, we're all here to support and help one another!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Hello. This is my first time on a site discussing this. My days are off and on. Everyday I’ll have a flashback of something. Sometimes I can brush it off and other days are a struggle. Today has been manageable for me. I have a family so I really do my best at staying in tune with what is going on. 

Posted on

I’m sorry for the trauma in your life. I can’t say I understand, because I can’t imagine. But if you need a friend to talk I can be there for you. 
I don’t have much family myself. A mom that has mental issues, but she is alive. And I have kids that are grown. I can’t lay my depression burdens on them. 
so I am very much alone too. 
we can do this. One more day. One more week. And it will get easier

Posted on

Thank you 

Posted on

Hi there, this is my first time in a discussion. I am always having obsessing thoughts of the worst-case scenario. I am tired of living this way. My fiance left me for another woman who is much younger and I have a 6 yr old that is heart boken and misses him terrible. The 6 yrs prior was spent with someone doing meth behind my bcak and I have been in school during all this. I do not want to live this way anymore.

Posted on

@eclipse13 your fiance was doing meth.  I'm so sorry 

Posted on

My heart goes out to you my friend. I was abused as a child and it took many years of therapy to come to the place I am in now. I know it's hard to believe it will get better.  But, trust me it can.  I am living proof. You can always talk with me. I am a great listener. I care about you. Don't worry about getting to tomorrow. Focus on getting through the next five minutes. Baby steps...  One day at a time.