What is your story with mental illness?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Living with mental illness is a very big struggle that goes unnoticed because people are either in denial or they just dont talk about it. Anyone living with mental illnesses what are some steuges and your story I would love to hear from you.

Beginning of the discussion - 3/20/21

Posted on

I self medicated to deal with my mental illness for years. I believe it made it worse and I never grew as an individual spirituality and mentally. Now that I've been sober for 2 years and on the proper medication I feel much better equipped to deal with it. 

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @Slakpa07‍ and @JamieShaw‍ , thank you for opening and participating in this discussion! Let me tag some other members who may not have seen it yet. emoticon cute

Hi everyone, how are you doing? 
What do you think about Slakpa07's comment? Have you had a hard time talking about or accepting your mental illness? Has it made it hard for you to get help? What helped you find the strength to ask for help?
@hc_1357@jodibeth@Glenna@chessamay1@TinaTom@Mstiere86@Nicolehulsey5@joybeth@Gizell596@Eugenius117@Deniseh62316@Cathi857@kericson@Boofie@Tam1976@Kimmyk62@gothskullz@Jmoral622@Unuseful‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences here!

Take care,
Courtney

Most commented discussions