/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our autism community! emoticon bashful

I thought I would create this discussion so that everyone could introduce his or herself!

So, what's your autism story? How and when were you diagnosed? Were you diagnosed as a child or later on as a teen or adult? How are you doing now? Have you tried any therapies? Or if you have a loved one with autism, what do you do to support them? Feel free to share here!
@sumrain1@justinhs@AutisticElephant324@The_mistics04!@ekolis@declann@Mrspeedy@autisticJim@ChickenAttack@SavannahSanders@mareena@WifeyMommyLeprechaun@brocksst@Janell12965‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 7/7/20

What is your autism story? Let's share!

Posted on

@Courtney_J Hi, I was actually diagnosed in my late teens/early adult years when I went off to college. I'd always had some difficulty connecting with people and interpreting social situations and I'd had anxiety since my teens, but it really all kicked off when I left home. I think being in alone in a setting with people my age with all the social pressures and expectations and all the sensory stimulation was just too much for me and I had a major panic/anxiety episode and had to take a semester off of school. I was eventually diagnosed with high-functioning autism and anxiety and everything from growing up kind of clicked. I had a hard time accepting it at first, but with time I've begun to love that side of myself because it's what makes me who I am. All of my quirks and habits.

What is your autism story? Let's share!

Posted on

I was diagnosed with autism when I was 4 years old, but I’m a normal person despite the mild autistic disability

Most commented discussions