Has anyone ever tried N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc)?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi,  I came across an article saying that N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) might help in repairing the mylen in the spine.  Just wondering if anyone has experience in taking this diet supplement?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/16/20

Posted on

@10sister02 Hello 10sister02, thank you for opening this discussion. I hadn't heard of N-acetylglucoasmine for MS, but it sounds like it may be an exciting thread for MS researchers to follow! Let me tag some other members who can possibly weigh in!

Hi everyone, how are you doing?

If you didn't already know, N-acetylglucosamine is a simple sugar often found in the outer shells of shellfish that is thought to help protect the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is sometimes used for osteoarthritis, heart disease and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and is now a potential area of research for MS!

Have you ever taken N-acetylglucosamine as a supplement? Was it effective? If one day it is found to be effective for MS and is approved by the FDA, would you consider taking it?
@jbarrus@mylovinghusband@Mymslife@missliz28@phyllis@MsTingles@Jsanchez@StormyC@Alexis@Traceyceneviva@LostChild@asccurtis@Cassondra.ott@Well0220@Badgerland@joeiaccarino@nicoleryan‍ 

Feel free to share your thoughts here!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

Hi,  no I've not heard of it.  Is there a place to order it or find out more about it?  Lostchild

Posted on

Hi

Here's an article I found out about it.  

https://www.jbc.org/content/286/46/40133utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Journal_of_Biological_Chemistry_TrendMD_0

I wanted to know if anyone has tried it.  It can be purchased on Amazon.