- Home
- Forums
- Multiple sclerosis Forum
- Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with MS?
Patients Multiple sclerosis
What is the most frustrating or difficult aspect of living with MS?
- 611 views
- 9 times supported
- 37 comments
All comments
Go to the last comment
Crucheet
Crucheet
Last activity on 10/07/2026 at 5:15 PM
Joined in 2019
14 comments posted | 14 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
@Bleegrail Sorry to hear of your troubles. I am 76 with MS. My wife died 3 years ago and now I am all alone. I live out in the country in Texas. I really like it out here glad to not be in the city. I need to use a walker and I am not all that steady and have fear of falling because I can not get up on my own. I am finding more and more That the mental part of the MS is the hardest to deal with. I also wish there was a home or a meeting to go to. (I think misery likes company.) Sometimes I look around and see people that are in worse condition then I am and it makes me feel lucky that I am doing as well as I am. I got on a dating site thinking I could find a lady that could take me as I am. Well, It's all I see are women that want to go dancing or hiking in the mountains. Soo that aint going to happen. So I try to keep busy doing what I can do. Going to the mail box is a trip for me. Hope things get better for. Keep me informed. Bob
See the signature
BW
Powayblir1475
Powayblir1475
Last activity on 02/01/2026 at 1:32 AM
Joined in 2020
4 comments posted | 4 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Committed
-
Explorer
Feeling hopeless. No cure in my lifetime. No let up. No empathy for the sick and infirmed and handicapped. This is the most difficult, dealing with one's limitations.
Grekung
Good advisor
Grekung
Last activity on 05/17/2025 at 12:09 AM
Joined in 2020
21 comments posted | 8 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
Losing mobility is the worst part of MS. I would love to walk again and do all the things my legs want to do ie, ride a bike, drive my car, play sports etc.
Claytabluck688
Claytabluck688
Last activity on 10/07/2022 at 6:41 PM
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I miss being able to be as social as I use to be. I am very light sensitive and don't go out as much. I also have trigeminal neuralgia so that is a beast in itself. I also get more exhausted. Now the dizzy spells are hitting me like crazy and my walking is off balance not to the point I'm necessarily going to fall yet but enough to be concerning. My vision goes in and out of focus like a camera. I'm just having to learn my limitations and it gets frustrating compared to the old me that was always on the go and now I'm always on the slow down let's smell the roses.
Keehon4911
Good advisor
Keehon4911
Last activity on 09/18/2026 at 3:04 AM
Joined in 2020
11 comments posted | 7 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
-
Friend
The most difficult thing for me right now is having MS right now and have had more pain and difficulty walking in the last couple of months! I don't have an MRI until the end of May & 6 month follow up in June!!! I just feel like It's been downhill since I had a heart attack in July 2021
Yosteelays3
Yosteelays3
Last activity on 12/20/2025 at 4:29 PM
Joined in 2025
Patient, Multiple sclerosis since 2025
3 comments posted | 3 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
It's Pretty Hard To Find Work With My MS Diagnosis. I Wan To Find Stable Work For At Least 20 More Years Of My Life.
Tidireeck97
Tidireeck97
Last activity on 10/06/2026 at 5:54 PM
Joined in 2020
1 comment posted | 1 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
Rewards
-
Committed
-
Explorer
I am celebrating my 20th year anniversary of my diagnosis on the 12th of October. It was really hard to begin with but I have been "lucky" enough to not have any major changes since my last exacerbation in 2016. I am now just like ing with the same issues and know how to deal with them. Living in the florida keys i learned how to deal with the heat so it doesn't effect the I live like it used to. Keeping hydrated and making sure to rest as much as possible is how I have been able to survive. I had a lot more issues with my MS when I lived where it is cold and there was nothing that worked when I was cold I stayed cold and in pain. In the heat I can cool off and prevent further issues
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
09/17/2025 | Testimonial
MS: “It's deeply linked to stress, so it's important to take care of your emotions.”
11/26/2018 | Testimonial
Multiple Sclerosis And The Success And Side-Effects With Various Treatments
08/17/2018 | Testimonial
No One Knows What Being Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis Is Like, So Maintain A Can-Do Attitude
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Courtney_J
Community managerGood advisor
Courtney_J
Community manager
Last activity on 08/08/2022 at 11:09 AM
Joined in 2020
1,334 comments posted | 95 in the Multiple sclerosis Forum
6 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
Good Advisor
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
Friend
Hi everyone,
How are you doing?
Adjusting to life after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis can be challenging. It requires becoming more aware of the limitations that your body will experience and the lifestyle changes that these changes will force upon you. These adjustments my impact every aspect of everyday life; from basic mobility, to relationship dynamics with family and friends. The nuanced list goes on, but let's hear from you!
What is the most difficult or frustrating aspect of living with MS? How do you cope with this or these challenges? Is there anything you miss about your life pre-MS? Do you have any advice to share?
@Hidden username @Lakeside1897 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Bleagrusing2 @63Thoufoa @Hidden username @Hidden username @Prounistoogreyt5352 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Heateprayr5 @Hidden username @Rooroock3 @Yoopleagock72 @Bleegrail @Laimupoang029 @Hidden username @Hoatrecroudear
Feel free to share your thoughts and experience here!
Take care,
Courtney