https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/multiple-sclerosis.jpg

Patients Multiple sclerosis

Being intimate with MS

Posted on

I am glad to see that I am not alone in this situation (though I would never wish it on anyone else).   I hope you are able to get some answers.

Being intimate with MS

Posted on

I had never thought about it till I started reading this forum,but when my husband was alive we had what I believed to be a normal sex life until i came down with MS.  I was in and out of hospitals and rehab for 6 months and by the time I got to go home sex was the farthest thing from my mind. When we finally got time together I know I wasn't as enthused as I remember being and Really could have cared less if it ever happened again.  My husband passed away in 2001 and I became celebate. I didn't even think about another relationship till almost 20 years later and I had no problems with my feelings  then,  but in the interim I had quit taking most of my MS meds like copaxone, baclofen, and Ampyra.  When I had been off my meds I found my desires for sex increased.  So,for me, I would say it was the drugs effecting my libido 

Being intimate with MS

Posted on

I have issues too.  I can not get hard enough.  MS is tearing me up.  Sorry ya'll also have issues.  I have issues telling my wife. But she has been helpful.  Your idea of cuddling your husband is a great idea. You all are not alone. 

Most commented discussions