Can air filters or purifiers help COPD?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/copd.jpg

Patients COPD

4 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Does anyone know if air filters or purifiers help COPD? With spring on its way I thought maybe it could help with the pollen...

Beginning of the discussion - 2/23/22

• Community manager
Posted on

Hi @pu8909, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some other members who can possible share with you!

Hi everyone, how are you today?

Do you know if air purifiers or air filters can help with COPD? Have you used one yourself? Has it helped you breathe easier? If so, can you recommend a particular model or device?

@Universe53 @Kathy7 @Devildogwife @stellawilson @jocpd1 @Sweetlady63 @Wooten @razzle5150 @RoyTruchon @Ginny13 @AdelineDellaMenefee @Maggie,sson @Terrisfca @Spygirl @CarolnTN @tylarkate @muzzy76 @Sharonf

Take care,

Courtney

Posted on

I have 2 free standing GermGuardian Air Purifiers that were given to me several years ago because I live in a wooded area and the tree pollen gives me sinus headaches. I let one go too long after the red 'replace filter' light started flashing and earned some good headaches. Replaced the filter last night and woke up WITHOUT A SINUS HEADACHE this morning. Machines are about $140 each and replacement filters go for 30 to 40 dollars. Costco carries them.

Posted on

I would assume that any particulates in the air that you breathe would cause irritation in the lungs, more so with COPD. I have the IQAir at home and had one at my work prior to retiring. Expensive but one of the best investments that I have made...

Posted on

I've had an air purifier for a couple years now. Not sure it really helps with the symtoms but I"'m definite the air quality in my house is much better now than it used to be. I think it's a must, even for healthy people. Air pollution levels are just getting higher and higher...theres no stopping it

Most commented discussions