Is targeted therapy effective for breast cancer?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I've been told that I'm going to be started targeted therapy... I've heard more about radiation and chemo for cancer so I'm not really familiar with what targeted therapy involves... Does anyone know if targeted therapy is more or less effective than chemo or radiation?

Beginning of the discussion - 11/16/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @GoldMamas‍, thank you for sharing your question with us.

For those of you who have undergone targeted therapy, can you share your experience? Was it effective? Did you have any side effects? Did you precede or follow it with another treatment? Is it more or less effective than other breast cancer treatments?
@Lilliewhite@Disneygirl@BKHill@lindama08@mshelzgang68@DebOK@Rainyralynn@Polly123@4my3boyz@Nancylavonne1@2Tomorrow!@Clttruj@azbabydoll0077@Blake648@Ncbluez@Alsunna69@princess8008‍ 

Take care,
Courtney 

Posted on

What is considered Targeted therapy? 

Posted on

Hi @Rainyralynn‍, 

I found this definition to stay simple : "A type of treatment that uses drugs or other substances to identify and attack specific types of cancer cells with less harm to normal cells"

"can be used by itself or in combination with other treatments, such as traditional or standard chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation therapy."

"But targeted therapy drugs don’t work the same way as traditional or standard chemotherapy"

Most commented discussions