Already had radiation and lumpectomy. Now maybe cancer recurrence. What are my treatment options now? Not radiation again?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

2 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity
Posted on

I had breast cancer stage 1A in 2014. I lucked out lumpectomy and radiation only. Now I am going for a biopsy because of calcifications. I've read 80% benign but mine are in a small cluster on the same breast but different part of breast.

If it turns out to be precancer or cancer, I know they can't do radiation again. What do you think my treatment options would be?

Beginning of the discussion - 8/23/19

Already had radiation and lumpectomy. Now maybe cancer recurrence. What are my treatment options now? Not radiation again?
Member Carenity
Posted on

@Hidden username‍ When is your biopsy scheduled for? Try to keep optimistic. I am hoping your concern is nothing more than that ... a transient worry.

I am not sure of the treatment options... I would think the treatment options would depend on the size and progression of the cancer.I never knew you could not again get radiation. I am sure it is not healthy, but what type of "treatment" really is. Why did they say you cannot get radiation again? 

Member Carenity
Posted on

Hi Sara, I think I read it somewhere that radiation twice to the same area can cause some kind of cancer. I just need to wait until Wed or Thurs of next week and find out what I'm dealing with. I know I need to get the facts first.