What were the symptoms you originally experienced making you seek medical advice?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Member Carenity • Community manager
Posted on

Hello Carenity members,

What were the symptoms that you originally experienced with breast cancer that made you seek medical advice? Please describe the symptoms and their duration before you sough medical advice/treatment.

My hopes is that this becomes a forum for users to reference in the future or for those that are possible concerned they may need to seek medical advice.

Thank you.

Beginning of the discussion - 6/27/18

What were the symptoms you originally experienced making you seek medical advice?
Member Carenity
Posted on

I was diagnosed in October 2016 after having pain in my armpit close to the wire in my bra. I thought it was the bra but after several new ones and no relief I called my obgyn he sent me for a mammogram. After my scan I was sent to have an ultrasound. Everyone I spoke to said breast cancer typically does not hurt at all. I’m not sure why mine did and no one could explain why but I am so grateful I did have pain other wise at 42 I would have never assumed it was cancer