What is your breast cancer diagnosis story? Let's share!

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello everyone, 

How are you today? emoticon cute

I thought I would create this discussion so we can all get to know one another better!

So, what is your breast cancer story? When and how were you diagnosed? Did you find a lump yourself or during a routine examination? What treatment(s) have you undergone? And how are you doing today?
@Wvmahaney52@Medebar@moseygoat73@DeborahWalker@Teonna@Jane143@MerylK@tonibroad2@catalinawoman@Nikkie313@Tonyakendrick@honeybabedeb1@Hazelio@Rayellea@Sharon770@sueanderson‍ 

Feel free to share your story, experiences or advice with us here!

Take care,
Courtney

Beginning of the discussion - 8/7/20

Posted on

@Courtney_J Hi Courtney, I haven't been on here in a while, so I hope I can reintroduce myself to the group! I guess my story starts in early 2018. I noticed that my left breast was painful and kind of swollen. I kind of ignored it for a few weeks thinking that my bra was too tight or that I'd slept on it funny. Eventually I did a self-exam and felt a bump and went to my doctor. She referred me to a cancer clinic and after a mammogram and ultrasound they told me they thought it was cancer and that I'd need a biopsy. It came back positive and they recommended a brief round of chemo to shrink the tumor and then surgery to remove it. The doctor recommended a mastectomy of my breast, but after talking with my family I opted for a double mastectomy with reconstruction. That ended up being really hard on me mentally. I thought that I was prepared for it, but I really went through a period of mourning my body. If anyone ever wants to chat, I'm here!

Posted on

I was diagnosed in 2017 after finding a lump in my breast after a shower. I had a lumpectomy and some lymph nodes removed followed by chemo and radiation done all within several months.

@stillwoman I know what you mean, for me I was going along all fine and seemed to be handling it pretty well until one day it all hit my like a train. I'm still having some pain from the lumpectomy so it's like a constant reminder that it's still there.

Posted on

I am joining today.  My husband actually found the lump first.  I was surprised and from when it was found found it took two weeks to get in for a mammogram.   When the radiologist said he found abnormalities I was extremely surprised.  Got the biopsy the next week.  It has been hard going to all these appts without being able to take anyone with me.  

Most commented discussions