Can you take vitamin D with breast cancer?

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/breast-cancer.jpg

Patients Breast cancer

5 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

Hi, I was talking to someone during my chemo session the other day and she mentioned that taking vitamin D could help with breast cancer. Has anyone else heard of this? Can we take vitamin D supplements?

Beginning of the discussion - 10/7/21

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello @jessiey‍, thank you for opening this discussion! Let me tag some other members who can possibly share their thoughts with you.

Hi everyone, how are you today?

A new study highlighted at the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2021 found that having enough vitamin D at the time of diagnosis is associated with better breast cancer outcomes!

What do you think about vitamin D? Has your doctor recommended or prescribed vitamin D supplements to you during treatment? 
@GoldMamas@veteransangel@Kaugustus01@Rosestoday@Janadono@Angela1869@Kathys@Danni1@Hdgal2021@HelenaZen@Annhofmann260@Geneva3p@JeanHarbour@Survival@Astacie‍ 

Feel free to share and discuss in the comments below!

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

I have a vitamin D deficiency, but I don't know what to do about it because we hear a lot about products that contain it but should be avoided because they also increase the risk of cancer. What should we do? I also have a premature menopause.

Posted on

My onco has prescribed calcium and vit D with my hormonotherapy (anastrozole), plus a ostéodensiométrie at the beginning and at the end of the hormonotherapy, to watch for signs of osteoporosis.

Posted on

I forgot to tell that’s because the anastrozole tends to provoke osteoporosis. Also the vitamin D prescribed has a better concentration than over the counter pills. So talk to your onco!

Posted on

My onco also recommended Calcium with D, though not a separate Vitamin D.  I have just started five years of letrozole which also has a correlation to increased bone resorption.

Most commented discussions