Supporting one another through anxiety and mental illnesses

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Behavioural disorders / Mental illness

Posted on

I was sexually abused as a child. I often wonder if that is a contributing factor to my bipolar. I have never had any type of therapy or counseling to deal with my childhood. But yesterday I looked up some that my insurance will cover. So....tomorrow I am calling some and getting an appointment. Keeping my fingers crossed that it may help even just a little.

Posted on

I’m having a real bad time and looking for someone to chat with thank u

Posted on

Broken...I'm  sorry you are lonely. I wish I could be uour friend contact. met if you'd let and we can 

Posted on

Hi I'm Laura, I'm also new to this forum.  I can also relate to a lot of the posts.  I'm 59 years old and have been  on medication for depression first then later bipolar 2 disorder for over 30 years.  I have recently suffered a relapse of depression and I'm getting medications adjusted with a little improvement.  I'm going to go for consultation of transcranial magnetic stimulation this Friday.  Has anyone tried it and if so what were your results?   I'm hoping it will help me.  I also pray that everyone finds the right meds and therapies and stay strong!!.  

Posted on

@Snookie good luck you are taking a very brave step in the right direction!

Posted on

Hi, My name is Theresa.

I suffer with depression and anxiety. I've had so many trips to the ER with severe panic attacks . My psch med provider will not give me any benzos which have worked tremendously before.

Has anyone had luck with non controlled substances for same or similar issues?

Thanks and God Bless!

Posted on

@Lkaufman hi Laura, best luck on the new technique. My doc has mentioned it to me also as I seem to have resistance to the meds working well. I look forward to hearing about it if you’ll share. I’m currently at a place where my meds are working which is good! I pray you’ll be there too.

Posted on

@Birdsrhea how I do that thank you for getting back to me 

Posted on

@Cici83 Thank you for the words of encouragement.  I'll be happy to share how it goes.  Glad to hear your meds are working well, what a blessing!

Posted on

@Beebs21 Hi Beebs, I take quetiapine 50mg as needed for my anxiety and  it does work for me and it is not a controlled substance.  I hope this helps! You're in  my prayers, Laura

Most commented discussions