- Home
- Forums
- Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
- Living with anxiety and other mental illnesses
- What is your story with mental illness?
Patients Behavioural disorders / Mental illness
What is your story with mental illness?
- 61 views
- 1 support
- 4 comments
All comments
96Distal
Good advisor
96Distal
Last activity on 09/10/2026 at 3:04 AM
Joined in 2021
15 comments posted | 2 in the Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
-
Friend
I self medicated to deal with my mental illness for years. I believe it made it worse and I never grew as an individual spirituality and mentally. Now that I've been sober for 2 years and on the proper medication I feel much better equipped to deal with it.
See the signature
Jamie shaw
Deykekur3
Deykekur3
Last activity on 05/14/2025 at 7:25 PM
Joined in 2021
7 comments posted | 3 in the Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Committed
-
Explorer
My story with my mental health is I have struggled with mental health since I was 8 years old at least. And I had asked my family for help and they didn't help me with it and told me that I didn't have anything wrong with me. Well, I struggled with suicide ideaition since age 12 and my mom didn't see that and neither did my father. I also struggled with my moods and my personality. I also struggled with my physical health. But no one believed me. When I turned 16 years old, I came out to my whole family as bisexual and poly, and I became the enemy of my own family so my mental health became worse. But I was also self harming at this point off and on because I wanted to be better and I wanted to be good. I finally had my stepdad come and help but didn't get me professional help, I had both eating disorders and no one understood or knew I was that bad. My stepdad knew that my eating was bad. And then I finally turned 17 years old and he got me on smoking weed and got me eating and I beat the eating disorders but I still had the other stuff going on that we didn't know. I was injured with back injury and knew I was never going to be the same with the back. I was going to be different. I was also going to be working with my stepdad at the resturant he worked at. Then within four mpnths I had to quit because of my back in jury. I ended up finding a guy I thought I was going to be with forever and He was very abusive and wasnt the right guy and I didn't realize he was messing up my mental health even worse and when it came to him dumping me, I ended up in very bad place mentally and almost committed suicide until I met the guy I am with currently and then I moved with him that July. And then two years later my 21 year birthday I got to get semidrunk and then may 2020 I ended up in the hosptial and found out I had Type 1 diabetes and got told I had it all my life no doubt and my whole life changed. And then I started therapy and got told I had depression and anxiety and PTSD. Then I got admitted to the hosptal for mental health issues that year and got help and went to a behavior health service place and they had diagnosed me with major depression and general anxiety disorder and PTSD and then within 6 months later I went back and found out I have Bipolar and borderline personality disorder. And it is hard knowing I have all these mental health issues and then I have physical health issues and multple physical health issues and it just keeps coming. And I live every day thinking every thing will get better and I will get through it. Sometimes it gets worse which doesn't help my depression sometimes but I know that my life will have its ups and downs.
See the signature
Rissa DiGiovanni
Somya.P
Community managerGood advisor
Somya.P
Community manager
Last activity on 09/13/2026 at 2:47 AM
Joined in 2023
1,034 comments posted | 22 in the Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
35 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
Hi everyone,
I wanted to bring this discussion back because every mental health journey is different. For some people, symptoms begin in childhood. For others, they develop later in life after a major life event, illness, trauma, or period of stress. Sharing our stories can remind others that they are not alone and that healing doesn't always follow a straight path.
- When did you first realize something wasn't quite right with your mental health?
- What has your journey to getting support or a diagnosis been like?
- Looking back, what has helped you the most in managing your mental health, whether it's therapy, medication, lifestyle changes, support from loved ones, or something else?
@Brasheayoack38 @Cloocreykain @Vooprai986 @Frayfleystadraish70 @Weepoopoor @Heateprayr5 @Cloodrush387 @Gibleefeel @Bloathucloor1 @Plajous5 @63Cheeblayveyr @Loobladeatheng660 @660Gliplee @Plestoon @Noahayflat71 @Soudoot42 @Southern612 @Broachublack1142 @Froothoun0582 @Paneelour @Coudrayshour6447 @Groucoadeet68 @Preprenoutroos38 @Leepleeprees395 @904Keafreacras @8Gleyvet @Hidden username @Stoafayleyng914 @8561Riplufol @Yeypret4 @Ceystoung787 @Kemibos880 @Clejafooril633 @Vibeysh745 @Rayplool8307 @Chakur7960 @Dicajealish3208 @Freglang252 @492Voyoupraisteyl @Dacheemayck @Koudriroang5165 @Croacreykeajon7 @Gleathayr118 @Thutoudil0634 @00Wadableysh @Clealaivoar723 @Treykeedong9 @Thuwibeayeyt273 @Fravashang718 @Crucheet0 @Grishoack5 @Troacoatair77 @2081Yataifleack @6050Cuthack @Coudrayshour9703 @Drooglas64 @Dreytreyfraybleyl398 @Fleewepeethoon45 @Trousturong @Steetriclaick1 @Mooblooveathoor4316 @58Preymeycreesh @Heykeaflor2 @Goakeathait50 @Deareal80 @Hanoaheeck0253 @799Weedean @Wetoujays5 @Blujaibloar3 @Soudoot6473 @2Heasuproos @Peasick7108 @Keechudreyfish8 @Nooclir0795 @Distal4393 @Fesheeler0896 @020Poofruheeck @Viproubeakit58 @Thakesh967 @Gaiyang995 @Deyproaceyl5781 @Kipatais27 @Soutreal57 @851Freamoar @Maisung141 @3424Naiproglaysh @Shouyoong27 @Hidden username. @Veymaikor1115 @Pritren5 @Blagluyout6603 @Raijaygrair198 @Prosear02 @Fleatoayayng96 @Thebreamaick8866 @75Neanafroadung @Broowooplock42 @Fraifaydrait5 @Nakeecrang7
Whether you're newly diagnosed or have been living with a mental health condition for many years, your story could offer hope, reassurance, or practical advice to someone who is just beginning their own journey.
Looking forward to hearing your experiences!
Take care,
Somya from the Carenity team 🌼
See the signature
Somya from the Carenity team
Freegloor8
Freegloor8
Last activity on 09/21/2026 at 10:25 PM
Joined in 2024
25 comments posted | 5 in the Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
1 of their responses was helpful to members
Rewards
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
-
Evaluator
-
Friend
I have been working on my mental health for the past couple of years. Because I am finally having time and resources to work on it. After surviving a 20 year marriage to malignant narcissist who was abusive. This left me with severe depression, anxiety and PTSD. I am finally starting the climb out of the deep hole I was in.
See the signature
X-Genner, trying to get thru it all.
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Boaflee803
Good advisor
Boaflee803
Last activity on 07/26/2024 at 11:40 PM
Joined in 2021
4 comments posted | 2 in the Behavioural disorders / Mental illness Forum
Rewards
Good Advisor
Explorer
Newsfeeder
Living with mental illness is a very big struggle that goes unnoticed because people are either in denial or they just dont talk about it. Anyone living with mental illnesses what are some steuges and your story I would love to hear from you.