How do you handle multiple mental illnesses?

/static/themes-v3/default/images/default/home/bg-generic.jpg?1516194360

Patients Autism Spectrum Disorder

3 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

i have ptsd and bipolar type 1 and major depression

Beginning of the discussion - 8/18/20

• Community manager
Posted on

@michaelpeterjr21 Hello michaelpeterjr21, thank you for opening this discussion. Let me tag some members who may be able to discuss with you.

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Around 26% of Americans live with a mental illness in any given year and many live with more than one mental illness. What about you? Do you have more than one mental illness? Are they inter-related? How do you handle multiple mental illnesses? Do you have any advice to share with others?
@Myma1956@Lily0826@Buck58@Happypoet43@bellapuppy@dancingqueen12@aethsty@Kalynnj24@CTaylor1997@Pandora@Chooley627@SuperDaveToU@brattat26@sayaret@Dws#482@katbee79‍ 

Take care,
Courtney

Posted on

its extremely tiresome, miserable, feeling like crap all the time. basically i keep myself housebound so maybe someone has a better answer because i still haven't figured it out

Posted on

Honestly, there’s a lot of people out there in the world that don’t believe in medication but medicine is what has saved my life. If it weren’t for antidepressants and antipsychotics, I wouldn’t be here. Also I try to get out of the house and go for a walk or just go to the store and do something I enjoy. Yoga is something I like to do because it’s relaxing and calms me down. 

Most commented discussions