Let's discuss ankylosing spondylitis!

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/ankylosing-spondylitis.jpg

Patients Ankylosing spondylitis

Posted on

Thanks for the information

Posted on

Question for any females on here....

right before your period comes, do you feel abnormally worse for those few days before? that just seems to be the theme for me so i was just curious!!

thanks!!

Posted on

answer to the question for women

the pains are worse actually before and during my period  concerning me

sorry for my English, but I use a translator (I'm french)

Posted on

My son had pain since he was 11 and recently his knees starting turning inward, he was in so much pain he had to use a wheel chair for long walks and when he did walk he had a bad limp.  He randomly started having grand mal seizures at 15, they were really bad.  At one point he was having 15 seizures a day.  He is now 16 and started taking Humira 7 months ago, he now works out and plays basketball, no more limp and so much happier and stronger, no side effects that we have noticed yet.  He is also on a lot of seizure meds and doctors are trying to find a connection between the two.  Has anyone ever had any seizures or know of people with AS and have seizures?

Posted on

I always feel excessive joint pain and fatigue around my period. Sometimes it’s worse, other times it’s better. I’ve been using heating pads and extra strength Advil to help.

Posted on

Hello everyone,

I thought our latest patient interview with Yvan, someone who's been living with AS for 15 years might be of interest to you. Here's the link if you'd like to take a look: Patient Interview - Yvan

Take care,

Lee

Posted on

@MeganF @Joanna07 Wow I hadn't really thought of that, but I now that I think of it I always feel worse before my period too! I always feel extra tired and stiff!