- Home
- Forums
- Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
- Living with ankylosing spondylitis
- You know you have AS when...
Patients Ankylosing spondylitis
You know you have AS when...
- 105 views
- 9 times supported
- 10 comments
All comments
Unregistered member
Hello nomad,
I sincerely hope that you feel much better by now. Sharing with others with similar problems can be very helpful, I hope. I have detached from my longterm friends because I felt I had become my disease(s), and was not able to have conversations without talking about my chronic pain, depression and ongoing struggle with overeating, I just lost my sense of humor when my surgery for spinal stenosis was cancelled 4 days prior because my A1C ist at 10. I have had to wait 3 months to recover from knee surgery before I was given a date for my spine and wish I had been told about this criteria at that time so I could have gotten extra support to lower my sugar levels. Has anyone had a similar experience? Spinal stenosis is very painful, as most spinal conditions are,
Beweewail0
Good advisor
Beweewail0
Last activity on 02/01/2026 at 8:39 PM
Joined in 2018
7 comments posted | 7 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Explorer
You know you have AS when.....
You bend over to tie your shoe and not only can you not reach your foot, but you can’t get back up either.
Unregistered member
Your chest is so tight you think you are having heart attacks, but nope, it’s just your ribs fusing, and that’s supposed to ease your mind in some way.
Lee__R
Community managerGood advisor
Lee__R
Community manager
Last activity on 04/03/2020 at 5:04 PM
Joined in 2018
1,336 comments posted | 26 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
2 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
-
Friend
-
Top chef
Hello members... @Stofleekayl693 created a fun way to have humor with your condition. Feel free to participate and give an example of "You know you have AS when..."
@Hidden username @Meyplayjuck @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Dupraykeygroock664 @2162Thikosh @Shicleyng6212 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Pobleenoat8725 @Mathounair836 @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username @Hidden username
Close all
See the responses
Traytoapeefout9
Traytoapeefout9
Last activity on 02/27/2025 at 2:05 AM
Joined in 2025
Patient, Aciduria since 2025
1 comment posted | 1 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
@Lee__R [This content has been moderated by an administrator] would be nice if this would last forever.
Hide the responses
100Fastus
Good advisor
100Fastus
Last activity on 02/05/2024 at 1:39 AM
Joined in 2018
56 comments posted | 31 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
3 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Hidden username how is your spine? Did you have surgery on it? I do not have spinal stenosis yet to that severity... but aware of it and know others that suffer from it!
In regard to the post... well... you know you have AS when laying down flat on your back, which is supposed to be healthy for most, causes you discomfort and pain!
100Fastus
Good advisor
100Fastus
Last activity on 02/05/2024 at 1:39 AM
Joined in 2018
56 comments posted | 31 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
3 of their responses were helpful to members
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Explorer
@Beweewail0 I agree... reach over and then... wam... stuck!
2162Thikosh
2162Thikosh
Last activity on 08/18/2024 at 1:58 AM
Joined in 2018
2 comments posted | 2 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
You know you have ankylosing spondylitis when ...
You can't decide if you should try to get out of the bath or just sit there wishing you had taken a shower instead.
Getting ready to go somewhere takes a lot longer than it used to.
You feel like a human pin cushion.
You tell people you have AS and they say "yeah, but there is nothing 2 Advil can't fix."
See the signature
Kat
Trutheflun9
Trutheflun9
Last activity on 09/22/2019 at 1:27 AM
Joined in 2019
1 comment posted | 1 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Explorer
I’m new here . I am often so sore all over from my neck down . I try to ignore it . My sides are sore, Bizarre . Trying to find out more info , Drs. Really don’t say too much about it , Just on NSAIDs. Hand cramps , leg cramps , . I just take 3 T pickle juice to get rid of them . A day at a time.
Proacraipris9
Good advisor
Proacraipris9
Last activity on 01/14/2022 at 2:54 PM
Joined in 2021
18 comments posted | 6 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
-
Good Advisor
-
Contributor
-
Messenger
-
Committed
-
Explorer
You know you have AS when…
crossing your legs makes your knees hurt…
your back is hunched over…
your body doesn’t agree with your mind…
you’re 32 and already lost over an inch in height…
See the signature
Crystal Rose
Give your opinion
Members are also commenting on...
Articles to discover...
10/16/2018 | Testimonial
Ankylosing Spondylitis: More Than Fifteen Years of Pain to Finally Live a Better Life
06/15/2020 | Testimonial
Testimonial: "More than two months later, I'm still not completely recovered!"
Medication fact sheets - patient opinions...
Subscribe
You wish to be notified of new comments
You have been subscribed
Stofleekayl693
Stofleekayl693
Last activity on 09/26/2023 at 11:23 PM
Joined in 2018
23 comments posted | 15 in the Ankylosing spondylitis Forum
Rewards
Contributor
Messenger
Explorer
I saw this on a different site and thought it is a great idea... a way for us to make humor and laugh at our condition, despite it. Kind of as a way for us to find humor through it all.
I will start and hope this carries on...
You know you have ankylosing spondylitis when ...
... you wake up in the morning more tired than the night before despite sleeping.
... you want you install a ramp to get you out of bed.
Keep it going.