You know you have AS when...

https://www.carenity.us/static/themes-v3/default/images/us/header/ankylosing-spondylitis.jpg

Patients Ankylosing spondylitis

8 replies

Topic of the discussion

Posted on

I saw this on a different site and thought it is a great idea... a way for us to make humor and laugh at our condition, despite it. Kind of as a way for us to find humor through it all.

I will start and hope this carries on...

You know you have ankylosing spondylitis when ...

... you wake up in the morning  more tired than the night before despite sleeping.

... you want you install a ramp to get you out of bed.

Keep it going.

Beginning of the discussion - 11/5/18

Posted on

Hello nomad,

I sincerely hope that you feel much better by now. Sharing with others with similar problems can be very helpful, I hope. I have detached from my longterm friends because I felt I had become my disease(s), and was not able to have conversations without talking about my chronic pain, depression and ongoing struggle with overeating, I just lost my sense of humor when my surgery for spinal stenosis was cancelled 4 days prior because my A1C ist at 10. I have had to wait 3 months to recover from knee surgery before I was given a date for my spine and wish I had been told about this criteria at that time so I could have gotten extra support to lower my sugar levels. Has anyone had a similar experience? Spinal stenosis is very painful, as most spinal conditions are, 

Posted on

You know you have AS when.....

You bend over to tie your shoe and not only can you not reach your foot, but you can’t get back up either. 

Posted on

Your chest is so tight you think you are having heart attacks, but nope, it’s just your ribs fusing, and that’s supposed to  ease your mind in some way. 

• Community manager
Posted on

Hello members... @nomasAS‍ created a fun way to have humor with your condition. Feel free to participate and give an example of "You know you have AS when..."

@Monroe@Cmghap@Abanko@Samreen@JanBran@Maryproia520@Ktaylor3638@sking6767@PomMom@JTom4cats@katw78@Csteep@Altafahmad@SusieC@AngelSheri@Salazar@Gaby0412@Sheilak30@Vinnyo@Stephanie5521‍ 

Posted on

@Edelweiss70 how is your spine? Did you have surgery on it? I do not have spinal stenosis yet to that severity... but aware of it and know others that suffer from it! 

In regard to the post... well... you know you have AS when laying down flat on your back, which is supposed to be healthy for most, causes you discomfort and pain!

Posted on

@rwilsonjr67 I agree... reach over and then... wam... stuck!

Posted on

You know you have ankylosing spondylitis when ...

You can't decide if you should try to get out of the bath or just sit there wishing you had taken a shower instead. 

Getting ready to go somewhere takes a lot longer than it used to.

You feel like a human pin cushion.

You tell people you have AS and they say "yeah, but there is nothing 2 Advil can't fix."

Posted on

I’m new here . I am often so sore all over from my neck down . I try to ignore it .  My sides are sore,  Bizarre . Trying to find out more info , Drs. Really don’t say too much about it , Just on NSAIDs.  Hand cramps , leg cramps , . I just take 3 T pickle juice to get rid of them . A day at a time. 

Most commented discussions